POSITION IN ORGANIZATION:
Reports to: VP of Supply Chain
Directly supervises: Assistant Buyer
Responsible for production planning and procurement of resources using a combination of methods including internal production and planning systems as required to achieve and maintain excellent customer service and quality, while achieving the company objectives for profitability, asset management, inventory utilization, productivity and continuous improvement. (Annual value of purchases range $2.0 - $2.5 million). Manages and controls Crib inventory, insuring adherence to inventory plan and accuracy of inventory records.
- Manage all aspects of purchasing and distribution while considering cost effective-solutions for MRO area as well as associated indirect costs. Responsible for selection and management of domestic and international supplier base including: sourcing; pricing negotiations; market place trends; product specification; lead-time and quality parameters; MRO usage forecast; cost improvement and product initiatives; supplier performance and certification; and, other relevant supplier partnership protocols.
- Assess purchase orders for accuracy and compliance with regulations.
- Receive price quotes from vendors, compare quotes against requirements and budget. Review back orders and follow up with Suppliers on delivery dates.
- Review minimum/maximum report daily for items that need re-ordered according to history and work order usage.
- Review costs on all stock and non-stock items. Request a minimum of 3 quotes to obtain best pricing
- Monitors supplier performance and communicates results to internal team as well as with suppliers. .
- Maintain excellent safety and housekeeping in accordance with plant and corporate guidelines and programs.
- Record, document and report all data and information as required.
- Establishes and monitors stocking levels for spare parts and MRO items working with established lead times and critical aspect of item.
- Controls MRO inventory within inventory guidelines and goals.
- Works closely with Engineering and Operations to ensure PM’s are adequately supported from an MRO stocking perspective.
- Maintain required records to support inventory record accuracy at all transaction points.
- Participates in continuous improvement efforts, including focus areas such as quality, cost reduction and safety, as well as internal and external customer service.
- Behavioral Expectations:
- Follow all established standard work, process procedures, policies and guidelines
- Practice good 6S habits daily along with any and all related assigned duties as required related to safety and housekeeping in assigned work areas.
- Sort or check products or components for compliance to quality requirements if needed using visual methods, simple go/no-go type gages or fixturing.
- Based on job knowledge and experience, contribute continuous improvement ideas on an on-going basis and participate in Continuous Improvement Events as requested.
- Perform duties as needed for other tasks or processes for which previous experience exists or for which training is provided.
- Education and Licensing Requirements:
- High School diploma or GED is required at a minimum.
- Experience Requirements:
- Three plus years of experience in purchasing, planning or inventory control in a manufacturing environment is desirable. Demonstrable knowledge of personal computer spreadsheets and word processing tools in an office LAN environment. Demonstrated knowledge of manufacturing and purchasing principals such as value managed vendor relationships, vendor certification and rating system, cycle time reduction, inventory management and reduction, total quality management, and total product cost principals.
Job Type: Full-time
Required work authorization: