The overall objective of the Digital Marketing & Social Media Specialist is to manage Chicago Cash Flow / ChicagoREIA.org's digital advertising and social media campaigns. The success of this position will be measured by placing a steady stream of positive advertising and social media coverage on targeted websites, increasing the overall awareness of Chicago Cash Flow / ChicagoREIA.org in our target markets, ultimately feeding and amplifying the marketing and communications efforts for Chicago Cash Flow / ChicagoREIA.org
Essential Duties and Responsibilitiesinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops and implements social media strategies
- Tracks performance of various social media initiatives making necessary changes to improve business results
- Collects and analyzes data to report back to head of department
- Responsible for developing and maintaining online content
- Creating communication plans that leverage social media outlets
- Establishing relationships between Chicago Cash Flow / ChicagoREIA.org and other members of the online community and bloggers
- Proactive approach to identify new strategies and social channels to reach targeted audiences
- Assist in brand solutions and effective communication implementation
- Execute overall strategies and tactical plans to build, grow, and nurture online communities, coordinating with stakeholders across the company to ensure effectiveness
- Interact with users, both online through forums and live-streaming
- Closely monitor social channels to ensure the company maintains a positive online reputation
- Create and maintain a rich social media presence across all major platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and other relevant channels, seeding content on a regular basis
- Generate compelling editorial content such as articles, blog posts, newsletters, and podcasts to establish and broaden awareness of our brand and establish our executives a subject matter experts
- Assist with production of website content, newsletter content, email content and other written copy needs.
- Assist in producing written feature stories.
- Assist in creative projects, including the development of info-graphics, modifying communication templates and other social media assets.
- Hands-on involvement in a variety of communications projects, including the creation of marketing materials and campaigns as directed.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed, including special projects.
- Attend company hosted events and meetings to generate awareness and excitement, and create enthusiasm to attend future company sponsored events.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Fixed Base + Bonus based on the performance and hitting quarterly growth targets. For some one that is a outstanding performer the Base + Bonus can exceed 100K. We have continuously grown each year from the day we started back in 2015.
- Familiar with the standard concepts, practices and procedures of social media
- Demonstrated expertise in activating a community, with the ability to map out and drive an engagement strategy
- Experience managing social media platforms for a brand, with an understanding of a wide variety of online community platforms
- Exceptional communication and creative writing skills. Strong writing, editing and oral communications abilities essential.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft and Mac programs, to include but not limited to, Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Keynote. Knowledge of Adobe design software and basic HTML experience are required.
- Must be able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Proactive worker with strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize workflow.
- Ability to simplify complicated and/or scientific subject matter and make it understandable and interesting essential.
Education and/or Experience
- BA/BS in in Communications, Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations, Media Studies, Business, English or related field
- 3+ Years of social media strategies
- 3-5 years writing experience preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $85,000.00 /year
- relevant: 2 years (Preferred)
- Social Media Marketing: 2 years (Preferred)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment