9002 - Carmax Auto Finance - 225 Chastain Meadows Ct NW, Kennesaw, Georgia, 30144
CarMax, the way your career should be!
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought and sold has helped us become the nation’s largest retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Audit Manager, Compliance Audit
Derive insights from customer interactions to improve compliance, customer experience, and operational effectiveness.
The Audit Manager for Compliance Audit is part of a team that is responsible for the compliance audit function of CarMax Auto Finance (CAF). This person will use advance knowledge about compliance audit in partnership with the CAF Legal team and performs a variety of testing/audits to assess CAF’s and/or service provider's compliance with applicable state and federal laws, regulations, frameworks or other guidelines, as well as internal policies, procedures and/or contractual service provider requirements. As an Audit Manager, you will work with associates in different roles throughout the organization and at all levels in CAF and CarMax to assess the company’s compliance with regulatory requirements and policies. The Audit Manager will also help recruit, lead, and develop a team of Auditors.
What you’ll do - Essential Responsibilities
Plan and lead the execution of compliance audits for CAF and/or service providers, in compliance with CAF Compliance Audit standards and service provider contracts, including:
- Gathering audit data, developing audit methodologies, and executing audit kick-offs, status updates, walkthroughs, planning, wrap-ups, finding evaluations, report reviews, and action planning;
- Developing value-added services (e.g., process improvements and best practice policies) for different operational areas, with guidance from Compliance Sr. Managers, to make recommendations to ensure compliance or operational efficiencies;
- Supervising, facilitating, and reviewing documentation supporting external examinations by regulatory agencies, conduit banks; and securitization parties;
- Managing audit projects and audit teams, which includes associate selection, evaluation, development, and day-to-day management;
- Partnering with associates in Treasury, Internal Audit, Financial Reporting, Accounting, external auditors/examiners, and others as needed to facilitate requests made by or required of those groups.
Leverage technology to assess performance
A customer’s journey with CarMax Auto Finance often includes multiple touch points or verbal interactions with our associates or service providers related to their vehicle financing. The Compliance Audit Manager uses technology and leverages his/her team to assist in reviewing data (structured and unstructured) to identify and quantify audit compliance evidence or findings.
Qualifications and requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field CPA, CIA or CISA is a plus
- 2+ years of supervisory/management experience and a minimum of 5 years of audit or compliance experience
- Strong background in internal controls and compliance – experience with SOX 404 or IT Audit is a plus
- Advanced level of proficiency with personal computers and Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 30% of the time
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application .
If you have technical problems when submitting your application, please contact us by phone (888) 922-7629 ext. 3888 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.