The Buyer shall be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Assist team in establishing a Proposal Procurement Strategy to get the best possible price.
- Identify & qualify potential new suppliers and process the documentation to include in the company approved supplier list.
- Support procurement team with supplier quotes at the project proposal phase
- Prepare and issue Request for Quote (RFQ) for procurement of project equipment and materials, review data sheets, drawings, specification and other related documents and assemble the RFQ package, include project information in RFQ package and coordinate RFQ clarifications in coordination with department managers. Include requisition instructions in RFQ package.
- Prepare bidder list, conduct competitive bidding, prepare bid tabulation and process approval of bid tabulation before issue of purchase orders, contracts or letter of intents.
- Evaluate & maintain budgets, schedules, performance reports and other analysis
- Read and understand commercial implications of specifications, drawings, documents and other related information.
- Select supplier and complete procurement contracts to meet or exceed project expectations.
- Understand the company database with capability, quality & on-time delivery performance and effectiveness of suppliers
- Negotiate and finalize prices, deliveries, commercial terms & conditions, change orders and back charges.
- Coordinate procurement activities with management
- Know & apply basic fundamentals of procurement laws.
- Expedite Purchase order acceptance from suppliers and receive in the visibility or current company business system
- Maintain and communicate procurement status reports with Project Management on regular basis.
- Represent the company professionally
- BS/BA in Business, Construction Management or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three (3) years of experience in, purchasing and modular manufacturing or construction
- Strong background in modular manufacturing or construction environment
- Ability to identify commercial risk and minimize associated consequences.
- Effective leadership and negotiation skills.
- Effective computer skills; Microsoft Office Software, and other company and discipline specific software applications.
- Effective communication skills both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the company.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective organization skills including the ability to prioritize and plan work
- Effective skills to work on multiple projects simultaneously, detail oriented with ability to do multi-tasks.
Vaughan Buckley Construction offers excellent salary, benefits (paid time off, medical, dental, vision, and 401(k)), as well as growth potential.
Qualified applicants apply with salary requirements for consideration