Ironclad Req. # 100470
Position # 130487
Ironclad Technology Services LLC, a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business has an opening for a Software Engineer to join our growing company at the Office of Naval Research located in Arlington, VA. Due to the nature of the work, only U.S. Citizens with Interim or Current/Active Secret Clearances will be considered for this position.
The Software Engineer will provide user interface, content management and programming functions for ONR web based applications.
- Provide systems integration, testing, maintenance, installation, configuration, and troubleshooting for all databases and web applications based on the architecture of the ONR IT enterprise.
- Provide technical guidance on the implementation of new websites, database, and portal software.
- Develop, maintain and administer command level web pages on the ONR INTRANET, SIPRNET, and NIPRNET.
- Identify, recommend, develop, and implement web tools and applications.
- Coordinate with and assist directorate and agency webmasters in developing web/portal pages.
- Integrate directorate, agency web, and portal pages with command level pages.
- Develop web interfaces to command, directorate, and agency databases and files. Identify, recommend, develop and implement solutions to customer requirements for greater availability to data and services hosted on the web.
- Perform and coordinate day-to-day production support by resolving processing and data extraction issues; troubleshoot and develop solutions using PL/SQL, SQL scripts, JSP, and Java for problems related to various applications and databases.
- Develop XSLT and SQL scripts using multiple data sources along with any data field and schema changes, with the resulting XML data to be validated.
- Analyze and resolve issues reported during Oracle database upgrade (from 10g to 11g, then to 12c) and operating system upgrade (Linux) for Oracle E-Business Applications.
- Draft system technical design documents, review various Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), and conduct technical walkthroughs on these documents with team members.
- Troubleshoots and resolves problems.
- Independently performs assignments with instruction limited to results expected.
- Identifies key barriers/core problems and applies problem solving skills in order to deal with complex situations.
- Ability to make decisions under conditions of uncertainty, sometimes with incomplete information, that produce effective end results.
- Associate’s Degree in technical discipline or equivalent and minimum 2 years’ related experience.
- Must meet DoD 8570.01-M minimum of IAT Level II Certification (i.e. CompTIA Network + or CompTIA A+).
- One of the following certifications or other relevant IT engineering certification:
o MTA (Microsoft Technology Associate)
o MCSD (Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer)
o OCA or OCP (Oracle Certified Java Associate or Professional)
o CSD (Certified Scrum Developer)
- Interim or Active Secret Clearance
Ironclad Technology Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (EEO/AA) offering a comprehensive compensation package including: Health and Dental Insurance, Vision and Life Insurance, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability, 401 (K), Paid Time Off (PTO), Paid Company Holidays, Tuition Assistance Program and more.
Ironclad Technology Services is a Virginia based Information Technology and Business Consulting services company focused on supporting public and private sector customers as they tackle their most daunting information technology and business challenges. We focus on solving real world business problems through innovative thinking, a talented staff, and hard work.