PURPOSE OF ROLE:
Partners with Merchandising to understand key product launches, product innovation and brand stories to deliver a category specific marketing strategy. In addition, develops and drives a promotional strategy at the category level. Partners with the manager to leverage data sets inclusive of sales and seasonality indices, macro data, role of the category data and competitive data to recommend marketing and promotional plans that meet agreed upon KPIs. Also leverages strategic vendor relationships to co-create exclusive category level plans that can't be replicated by the competition. All marketing strategies will meet KPIs including but not limited to business financials, impression targets, brand awareness and market share gains.
- Works closely with merchandising partners, business owners, strategic vendors and other key stakeholders to develop highly effective category marketing strategies, tactics and action plans along with promotional insights and competitive intelligence to drive a promotional plan that all together meet corporate objectives, customer intent, and Brand strategy.
- Translates the specific category merchandising business needs to creative execution and prioritization through the critical briefing process, with help from the manager.
- Works with Project Management to bring marketing and promotional plans to life across channels.
- Ensures a consistent focus on promotional and marketing innovation by understanding the competitive landscape, researching around the customer, and linking to company strategy.
- Work with key strategic vendors as needed for marketing support.
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Merchandising, Marketing or relevant field.
- 2+ years Merchandising, Marketing, Category Management, Omni-Channel Retailing or related pricing and promotional field.
- 1 year working cross-functionally.
- 1 years experience leading/managing projects.
LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2018 sales of $71.3 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts.
For more information, visit Lowes.com.