The Goldfinch School is a premier new preschool in Seattle, WA! We are looking for experienced and passionate Assistant Preschool teachers for Full-time and Part-time positions.
We offer highly competitive salaries, paid training, benefits, and a friendly, collaborative, and warm work environment.
- The Assistant Teacher is responsible for Assisting the preschool program, working closely with the their Lead Teacher, substitutes, and families to develop and nurture each child’s social, emotional, physical, and cognitive skills that are necessary for kindergarten readiness
- Execute the curriculum based upon the school’s pedagogy and the provided lesson plans. Ensures lesson plans cover a spectrum of learning areas including: Language and Early Literacy, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, Fine Arts, Health & Safety, Personal and Social Development, and Physical Development.
- Engage children during daily operation of the classroom, and supervises children to ensure overall safety, accident and illness prevention, positive interactions and productive educational activity
- Implement an age-appropriate program which addresses individual, small and large group needs of preschool children.
- Participate in semi-annual teacher-parent conferences.
- Maintain effective relationships with families.
- Develop and maintains a positive and confidential relationship with parents/caregivers of every child, including thorough communication about the program and defer to the Lead Teacher and the Director to discuss each child’s progress.
- Model and ensure professional standards of communications within the classroom.
- Support and guide substitute teachers, interns, and volunteers, in accordance with policies and applicable laws.
- 18 years of age
- High school Diploma
- Associate's degree (or higher) in Early Childhood Education/Child Development, Education, Home Economics, Music, Art, Library Science, Physical Education & Recreation, Psychology, Family Studies, or other Early Childhood Education/Development related fields
- At least 3 years working with children ages 2-5
- At least 1 year in a traditional Preschool setting
- Experience implementing curriculum and lesson plans for Preschool classrooms
- Cleared Portable Background Check
Willing to complete the following training at least 30 days before employment begins.
- DEL Orientation
- Completed Child Care Basics
- First Aid
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Shaken Baby/Abusive Head Trauma
- Food Handlers (if serving snack and meals to children)
Nice to Have
- Initial Certificate
- Short Certificate
- Bachelor’s Degree or Higher in Early Childhood Education/Child Development, Education, Home Economics, Music, Art, Library Science, Physical Education & Recreation, Psychology, Family Studies, or other Early Childhood Education/Development related fields
- Experience teaching arts, language, and creative movement classes
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $24.00 - $28.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No nights
- No weekends
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Seattle, WA 98105: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- working with children ages 2-5: 3 years (Required)
- Preschool teaching: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: In person