We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
We have a message to get out:
we’re growing. Fast. ALDI is one of the fastest-growing retailers in the nation, and we are charting an aggressive growth course to become the third-largest U.S. grocery retailer by store count by the end of 2022. That’s why we need people dedicated to helping us connect with our new customers and keeping our current customers coming back for more! On our Marketing, Advertising and PR teams, you can do just that, showing the nation just what kind of company we are. With a thriving organization like ours, this can make for a rewarding career.
ALDI is seeking an experienced PR leader to oversee its Influencer Relations and Awards programs. Reporting to the Director of Communications, this individual will join a talented team of Marketing experts driving the ALDI business forward. We are seeking a highly creative and organized candidate with a passion for building relationships, who has a proven track record as a positive and motivating leader.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
Education and Experience:
- Management of Influencer Relations - Agency programs and internal Influencer Relations team.
- Management of Awards program - submissions and promotions.
- Influencer Relations and Awards budget management.
- Oversees PR Measurement with an emphasis on Influencer programs and purchase intent
- Implements and manages consumer-facing programs and campaigns that elevate the profile of the brand.
- Understands the overarching company strategy, as well as communicates and models the core values, of the organization to create a sense of teamwork and membership among employees.
- Consults with leadership on the development of their team's strategy.
- Consults with the business to effectively design and streamline applicable processes within the organization.
- Keeps up-to-date on external best practices and relevant changes to their field/area; communicates updates to leadership.
- Maintains agency partnerships to execute brand-aligned communications and campaigns nationally.
- Drives analytics and measurement for all communication initiatives - test, refine, & optimize.
- Manages their team by driving projects and tasks to completion through effective prioritization, work planning, resource allocation, and cross-functional collaboration.
- Identifies cost-saving opportunities and potential process improvements.
- Serves as the primary link between their team’s staff and leadership to assure understanding of company goals, objectives, and opportunities for improvement.
- Oversight of graphic design needs for PR team.
- Establishes and communicates job responsibilities and performance expectations to their team to assure mutual understanding of desired results; resolves internal or external barriers that prohibit successful goal achievement.
- Assures the training, development, and performance of their team’s staff to retain a motivated, professional workforce that achieves their career objectives.
- Recruits and recommends qualified employees for their team’s staff positions.
- Approves all time-off requests for direct reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Journalism, or a related field.
- A minimum of 7 years of progressive experience in Public Relations and retail operations.
- Extensive experience garnering 3rd party endorsements, including influencers and awarding bodies.
- A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
- Excellent knowledge of influencer best practices and social media landscape.
- Ability to think creatively and shape campaigns that are on-brand and that drive purchase intent.
- Expertise to craft end-to-end influencer campaigns including framing the campaign strategy, curating talent, negotiating rates, managing contract development, marketing integration and reporting.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Highly organized.
- Impeccable verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong understanding of PR measurement, inclusive of earned, organic and paid media.
- Expertise managing agency contracts and budget.
- Art direction/creative background.
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office suite), with expertise in PowerPoint.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- Minimal travel as needed.
- Entitled to claim travel expenses for performance of job duties and to pay for business partner’s expenses.
Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
Voluntary Term Life Insurance
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.