The Marketing Communications Project Manager supports the Consulting Services team in ensuring that project results fulfill client objectives, reflect KP brand standards, meet all required criteria for accuracy and compliance, and are completed in a timely, cost-effective manner. The Project Manager manages communications projects for multiple marketing & member retention programs for program-wide, regional, and/or service area clients. This position supports the Communications Consultants in problem-solving, decision-making, & client contact. This position also collaborates w/Brand Management, Creative Services, Operations and Production, and other Consulting staff to promote support Shared Services Marketing Communications goals.
Strong understanding of how digital projects are managed and executed including working with a cross-functional digital team (UX, design, analytics, and technology).
100% of work is working with Agency partners, so experience working with and managing agency partners is a must..
Strong Project Management experience a MUST
Familiarity with JIRA and Content Management System (CMS)
- Provides creative direction & tracks progress against objectives to ensure that proj solutions are appropriate for the targeted audience, meet proj specific criteria, reflect brand standards & are consistent w/strategic marketing & member retention goals.
- Develops communications proj plans of a strategic or complex nature, which identify key issues, problems, approaches, performance metrics & resources required, & designs processes to address these problems.
- Establishes effective professional business relationships w/clients either alone or in cooperation w/a Consultant.
- Instructs & educates clients on all aspects of proj. Accountable for the development of proj documentation for executives & other key clients to facilitate sharing of proj outcomes & best practices.
- Assists Consultants in developing Marketing Communications plans that support strategic marketing efforts. In support of the Consultant, may meet w/clients to analyze short & long-term business requirements.
- Assists in the development of training & mentoring new Proj Mrgs & Proj Coordinators.
- Cultivates & reinforces appropriate group values, norms, & behaviors. Provides guidance to team on performance & productivity issues.
- Establishes team membership & negotiates time commitments & resource allocation.
- Designs research plans for data gathering & analysis, & leads the assessment of the collected data & development of action plans.
- Plans & facilitates meetings, making formal presentations to various audiences that establish the procedures regarding the implementation of proj outcome.
- Provides leadership to communication proj teams in support of high-impact, multifaceted marketing & member retention programs.
- Projs are typically divisional, regional & (in some cases) multiregional in scope; they are also strategic & complex, requiring in-depth evaluation of key issues.
- Proj outcomes must serve to effectively differentiate KP's market position to a broad array of targeted member, prospective member &/or purchaser audiences.
- Proj results must meet strategic objectives as well as demonstrate appropriate & consistent application of Kaiser Permanente brand identity standards.
- Drawing on extensive experience & skills, may lead multidisciplinary, interdepartmental teams on high visibility, complex member, marketing & new media projs designed to increase recognition of Kaiser Permanente as a leader in quality health care.
- Plays a pivotal role in identifying key issues, formulating proj direction, facilitating problem-solving & bringing projs to closure.
- Recommends solutions, communicates progress & evaluates results to ensure that proj outcomes are appropriate for the targeted divisional or regional audience, meet proj-specific criteria, reflect brand standards for design/voice/style & are consistent w/strategic marketing & member retention goals.
- This job description is not all encompassing.