M.J. Engineering and Land Surveying, P.C. is seeking an Electrical Engineer to serve as an on-site liaison as part of a IDIQ Term Contract at the Picatinny Arsenal. This individual will be responsible for providing electrical engineering services as part of the Directorate of Public Works
Picatinny Arsenal – The Joint Center for Excellence for Guns and Ammunition
Directorate of Public Works
213 NJ 15 Wharton NJ 07885
GENERAL JOB DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Primary responsibility will be as an on-site representative performing inspections and assessments of existing facilities/building systems including preparation of assessment reports. Inspection / assessment projects within the arsenal.
- Leads the design of small to medium sized electrical projects. Design projects will include preparation of design calculations, contract drawings and specifications for facilities (existing or new) within the arsenal.
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Participate in meetings with DPW staff and customers for scoping of work and pre-design code reviews.
- Participate in min-design charrettes with DPW staff and customers
- Complete field investigations relating to project work
- Prepare basis of design reports
- Assist in or lead the preparation of design documents, (plans, specifications, estimates, reports) Provide pre-design code
- Review contractor submittals during construction
- Field questions from contractors during construction
- Complete periodic construction assessments of active projects
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering is required; master’s degree is a plus.
- 6+ years of electrical engineering design experience is required.
- Experience in the design of building power systems, access control, lighting (interior / exterior).
- Experience performing construction administration related tasks for completed designs such as construction inspections, shop drawing review, answering contractor questions and RFI’s.
- NY and/or NJ P.E. license required. Must have the ability to become licensed within six months.
- Understanding of the Unified Facilities Criteria (UFC) and general military design and construction practices and standards preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of the following related software is a plus; AutoCAD, Revit.
- Must be organized, flexible, and have the ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Strong work ethic
- Quality/Detail oriented
- US Citizenship Required
- Valid Driver's license Required.
MJ Engineering and Land Surveying, PC is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained faculty and staff. MJ Engineering and Land Surveying provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $74,000.00 to $94,000.00 /year
- Electrical Engineering: 6 years (Preferred)
- Wharton, NJ 07885 (Preferred)
- NY and/or NJ PE (Required)