ABOUT BEM, INC:
We are a young, fast-growing property development, maintenance, and management company overseeing many projects throughout the Sacramento area. We believe strongly in the importance of efficiency, attention to detail, and maintaining professionalism at all times. These tenets, striving for innovation, and a willingness to solve old problems in new ways, have enabled us to steadily grow throughout our years in operation.
We are seeking an experienced and highly creative licensed Architect to join the team in our Rocklin office to be the creative force behind the architectural designs of our development projects in the greater Sacramento area. Working in a team environment and as directed by the Engineering
Manager, you will be responsible for carrying out the architectural designs from initial concepts through to generation of construction, shop, and detail drawings for use in the field.
This position represents an opportunity for a motivated individual to exercise the full potential of their imagination with the freedom to explore all extents of what’s possible and actually see their visions realized at the end of the day.
We aim to disrupt the status quo in the construction industry with every one of our projects whether it is a high-end winery with a revolving tasting room or custom buildout of an industrial space for an emerging tech startup. We strive for the highest achievable balance of quality, design aesthetic, functionality, and sustainability and want someone who is willing to try think outside the box to help us get there.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED:
- Will report directly to Engineering Manager and be directed by BEM Executive Management as necessary
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES (duties may include, but are not limited to, the following):
- Producing 3D conceptual architectural designs for use in presentations, submittals, etc.
- Producing complete architectural design packages for building permit application submittals
for ground up development and tenant improvement projects in the Sacramento area
- Producing complete 2D construction and shop drawing packages for submission to clients, municipal planning and building departments, sub-contractors, utility agencies, etc.
- Visiting project sites to gather background information, site photographs, witness/oversee construction activities, etc.
- Attending in-house and out-of-office client meetings
- Participating in in-house and out-of-office project team coordination meetings
REQUIREMENTS (a successful candidate will possess a capacity for the following):
- Working effectively in a fast-paced team environment
- A high level of attention to detail across all job functions
- Communicating clearly and professionally by written and verbal means
- Representing the organization responsibly and professionally before clients, municipalities,
- Completing tasks on schedule in the absence of constant supervision
- Reading and interpreting complex architectural plans, civil engineering plans, structural engineering plans, MEP plans, etc.
- Reading and gleaning requirements from design specifications, building codes, municipal ordinances, etc.
- Problem solving independently when help is not immediately available
- Understanding project schedules, commitments and demonstrating confidence in communicating status and estimated completion dates
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 5 years demonstrable professional work experience in AEC industry working in architectural capacity required
- B.S. degree in Architecture required
- CA Board license strongly preferred
- Experience with structural insulated panel (SIP) construction strongly preferred
- Clean driving record and valid CA driver’s license required
- Please provide examples of work/link to online portfolio if possible
- Advanced proficiency in AutoCAD 2013 or higher (currently using 2018 in-house)
- Proficiency in Revit 2018 or higher
- Proficiency in SketchUp Pro
- Experience with green building techniques is strongly preferred
- Experience applying and or witnessing general construction techniques is preferred
- Experience with surveying techniques is beneficial but not required
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Health insurance
- Must be authorized to work anywhere in the United States
Job Type: Full-time
- Architecture: 5 years (Preferred)