Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Mountain View, CA, USA; San Francisco, CA, USA; New York, NY, USA
Google's known for our innovative technologies, products and services - and for the people behind them. Whether you are making our staffing systems more efficient, planning for our growth, building relationships on college campuses or cultivating the next generation of computer scientists, you have an eye on the staffing needs of Google and the broader hiring landscape. You are focused on cultivating outstanding candidates for Google's long-term hiring needs, and work across a cross-functional and international group of staffing teams. You are both scrappy and resourceful, creative and driven - and excited to share the magic of working at Google.
As a Competitions Programs Specialist, you'll work to promote Google's suite of coding competitions, enthusiastically representing Code Jam, Hash Code and Kick Start, while building our global talent pipeline.
Great just isn't good enough for our People Operations team (you probably know us better as "Human Resources"). Made up of equal parts HR professionals, former consultants and analysts, we're the champions of Google's colorful culture. In People Ops, we "find them, grow them, and keep them" - we bring the world's most innovative people to Google and provide the programs that help them thrive. Whether recruiting the next great Googler, refining our core programs, developing talent or simply looking for ways to inject some more fun into the lives of our Googlers, we bring a data-driven approach that is reinventing the human resources field.
- Develop, optimize, and manage a comprehensive strategy for Google's suite of competitions and related spinoffs. Coordinate resources in partnership with various cross-functional internal teams around the globe (e.g. Legal, Engineering, Marketing, Communications/PR, Staffing, and Finance).
- Project manage and execute all programmatic pieces of Google's primary competitions such as; writing of all internal and external communications, managing social media outreach to increase brand recognition, exploring ways to increase participation from diverse audiences, working with staffing partners to create a leads upload and follow up strategy, and owning end-to-end logistics for the Onsite Finals.
- Closely collaborate with Engineering teams that support tech aspects of the competition (e.g. website management, platform maintenance, problem creation, judging, etc.) to ensure timely delivery of milestones in conjunction with public schedule.
- Manage the ongoing reporting and data analysis including; detailed tracking of metrics, thorough quantitative and qualitative analysis, development of specialized metrics when needed, and storytelling through data.
- Support broader Talent Programs and Events (TPE) initiates (eg; International Women's Day, Google I/O Extended, etc.) by developing and implementing events requiring program mapping and planning, budgets, stakeholder buy-in, logistics, messaging (internal and external), developing content with engineers, and other core elements to successfully meet event objectives.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience working in program/event planning, recruiting, marketing, HR, consulting or related area.
- Experience in using tools such as; email, calendar, docs, spreadsheets, and sites.
- Experience working with agencies to coordinate content and development timelines.
- Experience developing messaging and communicating concepts across various audiences and formats.
- Experience working in a technical setting with engineers, with the ability to partake in discussions requiring a high-level understanding of technology.
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks, and follow through with team members to achieve group as well as individual goals.
- Demonstrated project and event management skills and the ability to manage both high level, strategic program development as well as tactical, detail-oriented event logistics and considerations.
- Effective relationship management skills including influencing, and interpersonal communications, with the ability to build agreements and cultivate positive working relationships with colleagues across the organization.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies:
Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.