The Softlines ASM is responsible for maintaining appropriate effective balance between member experience and process functions, driving business results for the Softlines Team through effective leadership, teambuilding, direction and coaching of the Softlines departments and store team in the key areas of process execution, expense management and member experience. This includes, but is not limited to, selecting, scheduling, supervising,directing, coaching and performance management of associates; key driver and profitability analyses and performance; identification and solution of business problems and overall store management responsibilities.
- Ensures consistency and effectiveness of customer service for enhancing the Member experience within Apparel,Home and storewide.
- Monitors the POS Checkout to check that checkout standards are achieved, that processing returns and exchanges are happening seamlessly and timely for all Members. Mentors and coaches associates on actions
they need to take to improve these processes for Members
- Personally versed in the benefits of Shop Your Way, credit and leasing as the elements of a WOW experience, and able to sell the program to both associates and Members. Ensures that all associates have the proper knowledge and can explain to members to overall program.
- Ensures consistency and effectiveness of operational process execution throughout apparel and soft home : Replenishment ( New receipts, Fill Floor, Out of Stock process); Floor Sets and Resets (Typical changes, Plan‐ograms, Monthly Sales Plan); Pricing Accuracy (ad sets, markdowns, clearance); Ready All Day standards (including Fitting Rooms); Staffing/Employment Compliance/Retention; Scheduling to meet labor scheduled/worked requirements with intense focus on nights and weekends
- Performs supervisory responsibilities, including, but not limited to: making employment decisions regarding
hiring, promoting, demoting, and terminating; conducting performance appraisals; and coaching and developing associates.
- Monitors that associates are up‐to‐date on selling techniques, product knowledge, training and appropriate use of integrated retail tools to provide a WOW member experience. Assists associates in creating action plans for their development based on feedback from observations, store walks, member interactions and other sources. Provides needed support, resulting in a store culture where associates can be successful.
- Ensures store safety, inventory and shrink controls (merchandise protection and safety standards/processes)
- Achieves controllable cost plans relative to the department and identifies and communicates continuous improvement opportunities to associate and teams
- Where applicable, monitors the consultative Jewelry department of selling standards, credit, care plans, ad setup and general signing
- Ensures that all initiatives and processes are in full compliance with applicablelaws,regulations and company
Bachelor's Level Degree
Years of Related Experience:
Driver's License Required:
- Prior management training required
- Knowledge of store merchandising, operations, and retail management practices and procedures
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Ability to analyze information, identify root causes and develop/implement approved solutions
- Effective oral and written communication skills necessary to communicate with all levels of internal and external team and members
- Skills in selecting, assessing, coaching and developing associates, preferably in a retail environment
- Proven ability to manage and mentor team members, lead and influence cross‐functional working groups and achieve results
Microsoft Office computer skills including Word, Excel and Outlook