The Bather is responsible to properly prepare, bathe and finish pets by using humane practices and minimizing pet stress. Additionally, the Bather is responsible for the maintenance and cleaning of the grooming area of the store.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performs bath functions as requested by the client and described on the groom card.
- Trims nails, brushes teeth, and cleans ears in a safe manner and as trained.
- Bathe, dry and brush out as instructed and in compliance with store grooming procedures.
- Dogs should be finished with bow, bandanna, or other finishing application as requested by clients.
- Bathing stations should be kept clean between bathing, tools cleaned and ready for the next use.
- Water spills and any other safety risks should be promptly attended to, mopped or cleaned up.
- Follow all safety rules.
- Ask for assistance immediately if a pet demonstrates unusual stress.
- Tubs, holding cages and all services should be washed/disinfected and ready for the next day’s use before shift’s end.
- Keep the receptionist informed about pets that are ready for pick-up.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This job operates in a store environment; daycare and grooming.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms, use a calculator, cash register, telephone and computer. This job requires the employee to lift at least 50 plus pounds frequently.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Hours vary and may require working weekends and holidays.
Required Education and Experience
High school diploma or GED.
Job Types: Part-time, Full-time
Pay: $17.00 - $18.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Pet care: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: In person