***This posting is for teachers with a K-6 teaching certificate or teachers with a Grades 5 & 6 add-on***
Elementary Teacher (Grades 5 & 6)
FLSA Status: Exempt
Employment Term: 10 months/Full-Time
Job Goal: Key responsibility is to implement the school's mission to empower students as learners. To do this she or he must determine where each student stands in relation to the curriculum, assess the students learning potential, and match methods of instruction to the student's individual learning style in order to assist the student in making expeditious progress through the curriculum. In addition, the teacher is responsible for maintaining a well-managed, orderly, positive, classroom environment conducive to learning. We are currently looking for caring and energetic teachers to join our team. If you have a passion for working with children, are dedicated to providing the best education and care to your students, work collaboratively, and want to learn and grow, we want you to be a part of our team!
- Develop daily and unit lesson plans and a scope and sequence that are thoughtful, goal-oriented and aligned with curriculum and integrate technology; maintain pace of learning and provide opportunities for student differences; and check for student understanding and convey appropriately high expectations for students.
- Carefully plan for substitute teachers when unable to attend school and relate lessons to the state content standards in the core content areas as well as in specific content area.
- Create and maintain a classroom environment to encourage all students to be engaged and work toward meeting the standards; maintain accurate, thorough records of student achievement and behavioral performance; and complete progress and grade reports promptly and as scheduled using automated systems.
- Promote a high rate of student interest and provide prompt and specific feedback in a constructive manner and opportunities for active participation; demonstrate fairness and consistency in dealing with students; and speak and write clearly, correctly, and at an appropriate level for student understanding.
- Comply with policies, regulations and procedures of CCCS; communicate effectively with parents and work collaboratively with staff.
- Display high-level professional conduct and image at all times; establish and maintain an acceptable attendance record; and participate in extra-curricular activities and/or leadership roles outside the classroom.
- Continue to grow as a professional educator with classes/workshops for professional development in specific areas of interest and/or need and coaching and feedback from administrators and peers.
- Perform other duties and/or complete special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's and/or Master’s degree in Education.
- Possess a Pennsylvania K-6 teaching certificate or have a grades 5 & 6 instructional add-on.
- Mastery of the necessary content knowledge and skills to successfully teach assigned content area(s) and grade level(s) and deliver exceptional standards-based instruction in assigned content area(s) and grade level(s) that ensures academic growth for all students, including those with special needs.
- Proficiency in automated student information systems for progress and grade reporting and class work documentation and ability to integrate technology into instructional delivery.
- Exceptional classroom management, organization, planning, instructional delivery, leadership, and technical skills and the ability to utilize differentiated instructional methods to engage students in positive learning experiences.
- Outstanding ability to motivate and build relationships with students and parents to promote student achievement and strengthen community partnerships.
- Commendable history of effective leadership, extra-curricular participation, an acceptable attendance record, and exemplary performance.
- Secure three background checks: PA State Criminal, PA Child Abuse, FBI Fingerprinting.
Chester Community Charter School (CCCS) proudly serves students in grades K-8 on four campuses in nine school buildings in the Chester Upland Community. More than 4,000 students — two thirds of the district — call CCCS their school. CCCS is dedicated to empowering students as learners through the development of a results-driven academic environment, which includes a partnership with parents, a focus on building life skills, and a commitment to cultivating children’s instinctive quest for knowledge.
Job Type: Full-time
- Teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
- grades 5 & 6 add-on (Required)
- PA K-6 teaching (Required)