Ritter Communications has been at the forefront of the local communications industry for more than a century. We began providing telephone service in Northeast Arkansas in 1906. Today, Ritter Communications serves over 100 communities and more than 45,000 customers across Arkansas, northeast Texas, southeast Missouri, and west Tennessee. The company has grown steadily over the years, expanding rapidly and is now the largest privately-held regional broadband fiber, telecom, video and cloud services provider in the Mid-South. Ritter invests heavily in the communities it serves by deploying proven, best-in-class infrastructure and technology, while coupling it with a world-class customer focused experience.
We are looking for an experienced Network Engineer specializing in network performance to join our team!
The Network Performance Engineer will also be responsible for assessing, designing, testing, implementing, deploying, documenting, and training multiple groups on solutions implemented. This role requires the ability to adapt to rapidly changing environments of software tools as they relate to networks, learning new technologies, and the ability to work independently and in a team environment. The role will require a development of understanding of Voice, Video, Data, and Internet service offerings by Ritter Communications.
Essential Job Functions:
- Identifies process and system improvements and proposes solutions for service provider fault monitoring and performance metrics;
- Serves as an expert in Network and Application Management protocols such as SNMP, SNMP Traps, Syslog, WMI, and Netflow;
- Serves as an expert in OAM Connectivity Fault Management, and reporting of it;
- Researches new and current technologies and makes viable recommendations;
- Works with vendors and internal groups to discover current and future needs;
- Participates in inter-departmental planning meetings to coordinate and communicate activities related to the successful completion of projects;
- Works closely with other engineering teams, network and field technicians, product development and OSS teams to support networks security aspects of network and/or service architectures;
- Works closely with NOC and field personnel to develop handoff documentation and training packages to ensure new technologies and services are supportable by the operations group;
- Collaborate with Network Operations Center staff to assist in development and optimization of surveillance, troubleshooting and network analysis capabilities, systems and processes;
- Performs other duties as assigned by Network & Services Architecture Director.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge in database best technologies;
- Knowledge in SolarWinds, MRTG, KIWI, CACTI;
- Knowledge in utilizing APIs for system-to-system interaction;
- Working knowledge of NETCONF/Yang;
- Knowledge of various operating systems, such as Windows, Linux, and Unix;
- Knowledge of modern service provider data networks, technologies and protocols;
- Knowledge of network management practices and procedures;
- Knowledge of Layers 1, 2, and 3 of the OSI model;
- Skill in operating various office equipment such as personal computer, various software programs including Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Outlook, Visio);
- Expert in OAM connectivity;
- Strong knowledge and experience with Network Management and/or Element Management Systems
- Skill in problem identification and resolution;
- Skill in oral and written communication;
- Skill in reading and interpreting technical documents such as vendor deployment guidelines, white papers and configuration manuals;
- Ability to be a creative and innovative to solve technical problems;
- Ability to multi-task and effectively manage multiple high-impact projects and deliver on time;
- Ability to communicate with employees and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner;
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments;
- Ability to pay close attention to detail;
- Ability to work independently;
- Ability to make sound decisions using information at hand;
- Ability to work in a team environment.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Networking, or a related field plus three years of telecommunications technical experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
Ritter Communications is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We strive to maintain a drug-free workplace
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including health, dental, vision, cancer, accident and life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401(k) with company match, flexible spending accounts, free gym membership, company discounts, tuition reimbursement, paid training, paid leave, and much more!
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Work Location: In person