Every day is an opportunity for our associates to deeply connect with people in a profound and personal way. Our associates are the core of our mission and we know that offering them genuine rewards and heart filling job satisfaction is the key to our success as a company. Here you’ll find opportunities to grow your career at any level whether you have direct contact with resident or support someone who does, and be inspired personally. With over 60,000 associates, there’s a place for you to make a difference in lives of the families we serve throughout our continuum of care.
Provides direct care to residents following an individual service plan, treats each resident with respect and dignity, recognizes individual needs, and encourages independence. Fosters a homelike atmosphere throughout the community.
- Assists residents with activities of daily living, including bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, transferring and getting to and from activities and meals according to the individual service plan. Allows and encourages residents to do as much of their own care as possible.
- Serves meals to residents in the dining room or apartments. May assist in preparing meals following preplanned menus. Encourages residents to eat a proper diet and take adequate fluids while respecting the resident's right to free choice. Records and reports changes in resident's eating habits to the supervisor.
- Initiates and participates in leisure activities provided for residents as described in the activity calendar. Encourages residents to socialize and participate in planned activities or programs and to develop friendships with other residents.
- Maintains residents' records daily in a timely manner and in accordance with company policy and procedures. This includes documentation related to: medication distribution as applicable; leisure activities; incidents and observations; reporting any changes in resident's physical condition and/or behavior; visitors; etc. Observes and reports the health and emotional condition of each resident, and promptly reports all changes to the supervisor. (Refer to state specific regulations regarding medication assistance and documentation).
- Maintains a clean, safe, and orderly environment for the residents. Performs general housekeeping; following cleaning schedules for resident laundry, bedrooms, dining area, living space, bathrooms, kitchen, etc.
- Follows proper procedures in emergency situations and responds promptly and positively to resident requests for assistance - including emergency pull cords, telephone calls, and requests from family and friends.
- Knows location of each resident, reminds them to sign out when they leave the building, and notifies the supervisor immediately if unable to locate a resident.
- Encourages teamwork through cooperative interactions with co-workers.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage.
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Reach with hands and arms
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting residents
- Talk or hear
- Taste or smell
- Exposure to latex
- Ability to lift: Up to 50 pounds
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Subject to injury from falls, burns, odors, or cuts from equipment
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $12.00 /hour
- direct care: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)