Full-time, rotating shifts
Position reports to Management of Food & Nutrition Services. This position is responsible for direct supervision and activities of both Hot and Cold production personnel engaged in preparing and serving food to hospital employees, doctors, patients and visitors and for the cafeteria/catering. Also, maintains the Food & Nutrition Services HACCP program. Production Supervisors responsibilities will include customer satisfaction, staff scheduling, food quality and appearance, and maintaining a safe and sanitary kitchen.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of supervisory experience in food service production as well as various Food Services duties in order to portion and quality control procedures, food appearance, sanitation procedures and the duties associated with each work area in the kitchen.
- Level of knowledge ordinarily acquired through completion of an Culinary Degree or Associate Degree in Food & Nutrition Services and Management or experience equivalent to degree in food service or related field.
- Current State License for Sanitation
- General knowledge of the following:
- Preparation, cooking and serving of food in the retail environment
- General knowledge of food quality and values
- Some knowledge of special dietary requirements
- General knowledge of the practices used in receiving and storing food in large quantities
- General knowledge of kitchen sanitation and safety measures used in food handling and in the operation, cleaning and care of utensils, equipment and work area
- Ability to supervise the work of others
- Ability to prepare reports
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with department staff
- Able to maintain emotional control
- Ability to work with others in a close fast paced environment and the ability to address customers and staff in a pleasant, courteous manner
- Ability to stay organized and manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously
- Knowledge of retail packaging and labeling standards.
- Supervisory skills necessary to schedule, assign and direct the activities of professional, technical and service level employees.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to interact and cooperate with all levels of Hospital personnel in various departments (Pharmacy, Nursing, Medical Staff, etc.) and food and supply vendors to communicate in an effective manner.
- Physical ability required for almost constant walking and standing. As well as moving, climbing, carrying, bending, kneeling, crawling, reaching, handling, pushing, and pulling. Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds, stand for long periods of time and withstand heat.
Job Type: Full-time
- Food Production Supervisor: 3 years (Required)
- State of Illinois Sanitation License (Preferred)