Ophthalmic ambulatory surgery center is searching for a full time Registered Nurse to conduct preadmission phone calls and provide care in Preop/PACU. The Preadmission phone call nurse would be responsible for calling patients prior to surgery, obtaining patient history information, providing instructions to the patients, communicating with the office schedulers, and communicating with the surgeon and anesthesia as needed. The Preop/PACU nurse would be responsible for interviewing patients, obtaining vital signs, starting an IV, administering multiple eye drops, documenting in the chart, checking blood glucose levels when necessary, drawing up injections for the surgeons, assisting with blocks, recovering patients after surgery, and properly communicating with surgeons, anesthesia, and fellow team members. The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
Experience: 1 year of experience, ambulatory setting preferred
Licensure or Certification:
- Current Tennessee Registered Nurse (RN) license
- Current BLS
- Current ACLS
- Utilizes general patient care equipment safely and effectively.
- Performs IV insertion using sterile technique.
- Monitors patients' conditions and assesses their needs.
- Collaborates with physicians, anesthesia and nurses to devise individualized care plans for patients.
- Administers patients' medications and provides treatments according to physicians' orders.
- Fosters a supportive and compassionate environment to care for patients and their families.
- Excellent telephone and communication skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times.
- Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines.
- Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members.
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, visitors, staff and the broader health care community.
- Demonstrates dependability and self-motivation and possesses a willingness to help in all areas when needed.
- Demonstrates regular attendance.
- Full Time (40 hours/week)
- Monday through Friday (no weekends or holidays)
- Times may vary with the facilities’ needs. Regular hours would be 7am – 4:30pm Monday through Thursday, 8am – 12pm Friday; hours may change based on patient schedule and staffing – must be able to arrive by 6:30am when necessary.
- This position requires a criminal background check.
Interested candidates can submit resumes and once reviewed, suitable candidates will be contacted to schedule an interview.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $28.00 per hour
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
At this time, masks and temperature checks are required for anyone entering the facility. Patients are screened at the door, and their family members are asked to wait in the car or leave and come back.
Relocation Assistance Provided:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible