McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Master Software Engineer
Do you want to work for a tech company that writes its own code, develops its own software, and builds its own products? We experiment and innovate leveraging the latest technologies, engineer breakthrough customer experiences, and bring simplicity and humanity to banking. We make a difference for 65 million customers. At Capital One, you'll be part of a group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs. We want you to be curious and ask what if?
As a technical leader on the team, you'll work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end Java based systems using the hottest techniques in Big Data. You'll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: Java, .Net, AngularJS, Python, REST, JSON, XML, HTML / HTML5, CSS, NoSQL databases, relational databases, Chef, Maven and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure to name a few.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
- Continuously improve software engineering practices
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 10 years of experience in Java J2EE using open-source frameworks like spring, restful web services or API development
- At least 2 years of experience with .NET
- At least 2 years of Agile experience
- At least 2 years of AWS experience
- 2+ years of AWS experience with Microservices, devops tools like Ansible, Docker, Chef or Jenkins
- 2+ years of experience with creating Web APIs using .NET platform
- 2+ years of experience in Quality Assurance technologies like ATDD, Cucumber or JUnit
- 2+ years of experience building data pipelines or ETL solutions
- 4+ years of scripting experience in PowerShell, Shell, Perl or Python
- 6+ years of experience with performance tuning and monitoring
- Certified AWS Developer/Architect
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.