Full-Time, Shift Varies
Miami Cancer Institute at Baptist Health
Two Opportunities: Proton & Photon
Miami Cancer Institute brings together world-class cancer experts and an unmatched dedication to multidisciplinary patient care, cutting-edge technology and innovative cancer treatments. The Institute is one of the few cancer treatment centers in the world to provide every available radiation therapy technology in one location. We also are the only facility in South Florida – and one of the few in the nation – to offer proton therapy.
Miami Cancer Institute is a part of Baptist Health South Florida, the region’s largest not-for-profit healthcare organization with more than 19,500 employees working across ten hospital campuses, more than 40 physician practices and 50 outpatient and urgent care facilities throughout Monroe, Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach counties.
– Assesses patient and family for knowledge problems concerns regarding treatment/simulations for teaching opportunities and refers to proper resource personnel.
– Identifies and reports potential liabilities/risk management to chief therapist.
– Collaborates with Physicians, Physicist, Dosimetrist and/or Chief Therapist in simulation and/or clinical set-up process.
– Presents set-up questions and possible solutions.
– Conveys instructions of Radiation Oncologist, physicist and /or dosimetrist to appropriate personnel and ensures they are carried out.
– Interacts directly with medical physics staff and acts as a liaison between other healthcare professionals.
– Delivers daily treatment and or executes simulations in accordance with department policies and procedures.
– Prepares room and equipment properly for each treatment/ simulation, and monitors patient effectively by means of visual and audio systems.
– Able to perform advanced unit skills (e.g., CBCT, kV imaging, mV imaging, respiratory gating) as needed.
– Prepares the treatment record, including all pertinent information for set-up and treatment, when performing a CT-Sim or clinical set-up.
– Accurately posts charges for treatment and simulation procedures.
– Participates in scheduled rotations on all department equipment, serves as emergency on call therapist as needed (including performing treatment calculations) and utilizes appropriate time management skills.
– Prepares/administers/monitors oral, urethral, IV contrast for CT.
– Marginal Function – Radiation Therapist 2 – Performs warm-up procedure on all units.
Everything we do at Baptist Health, we do to the best of our ability. That includes supporting our team with extensive training programs, millions of dollars in tuition assistance, comprehensive benefits and more. Working within our award-winning culture means getting the respect and support you need to do your best work ever.
Find out why this is the best place to be your best!
Apply online to Job #82820
Baptist Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
This position is not open to any third part recruiters, consultants and/or vendors at this time.
Job Type: Full-time