Benson Hill Biosystems empowers innovators to unlock the global genetic potential of plants benefiting people and our planet. We are building the future of agricultural genomics and looking for talented and passionate individuals who will help us drive our vision. Our core values will inspire you to be bold, innovate through collaboration, work hard and smart, and have fun while doing so!
We are actively seeking a Research Associate to join our Molecular Biology team!
You'll make an impact by:
You're good at:
- By performing DNA extraction from various plant tissues
- By executing gene expression assays
- Through generating and presenting high quality data for marker assays in multiple crops.
- Troubleshooting and problem solving
- Working in a fast-paced and collaborative environment
- PCR and primer design
- Maintaining detailed and organized records
- Multitasking and taking initiative on new projects
- BS or MS in molecular biology, plant biology or related discipline
- 3-5 years hands-on experience in a molecular biology setting
- Strong technical knowledge of plant molecular biology
- Previous experience with RNA extraction and handling
- Previous experience with Taqman assays
- Experience in an industrial agriculture biotechnology setting
- A flexible PTO program with a focus on work/life balance
- Competitive medical benefits and retirement savings plan
- FREE Dental Coverage
- Education reimbursement
- PAID parental leave
- And more....