The Senior Tax Accountant is responsible for utilizing research skills, applying tax foundational knowledge to understand potential tax issues, gathering client information necessary for filing, participating in tax planning, recognizing and communicating potential risks, preparing tax accrual workpapers and working with tax software applications to complete tax returns for review. In this role, the Tax Supervisor may be charged with supervising and reviewing the work of Tax Accountants.
Specific Job Duties:
- Performs accounting functions as corporate controller for various clients.
- Conducts detailed reviews on all returns and appropriate review notes for preparers; raises potential tax issues
- Ensures both that (a) clients comply with all applicable authorities, while at the same time minimizing their tax and reporting burdens, and (b) self and client service teams comply with all Firm policies and standards.
- Manages projects by planning the tax process and the procedures to be performed with quality
- Identifies book-to-tax differences
- Answers preparer questions, and coordinates engagement from onset by communicating expectations and procedures with preparers
- Identifies when research is needed; clearly and concisely frames issues to be researched; and clearly and concisely reports the analysis.
- Experience with multi-state returns
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or other relevant field required. Masters degree in Accounting or Taxation, beneficial.
- Minimum of Three (3) years of prior experience. Experience with corporate taxation and partnerships preferred. Prior basic supervisory experience preferred. Prior experience preparing and reviewing of tax provisions preferred.
- Passed CPA Exam preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat. Experience with tax research databases such as CCH and RIA in all tax compliance process software including CCH Document, BNA, CCH Fixed Assets, or comparable programs and standard tax workpapers.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills. Able to prepare business, trust and individual tax returns. Seeks advice of appropriate superiors regarding issues, problems related to compliance. Ability to effectively delegate work as needed. Trains other team members. Strong analytical, research and critical thinking skills. Able to work well in a team environment
Job Type: Full-time