Senior integration and test engineer for underwater sensor systems and programs. Works across the entire lifecycle of program technology development and acquisition. From requirements definition, system design and implementation, integration, test, installation and demonstration from the laboratory to sea platforms. This work includes hardware and software development. Involves hardware integration, finds issues and resolves them, plans tests and test development/execution/resolution. Must be able to identify and apply best practices with customer and teammate requirements. Will support oversight of equipment configurations, systems operations and maintenance during integration and system tests.
- underwater sensor technology development, test, implementation and integration
- support for design and manufacture of power and data collection systems
- participation with Integrated Product Teams and customer reviews
- beneficial if experience with IUSS, PEO SUBS or other maritime surveillance systems and other NAVSEA Program Offices
- familiarity with Navy programs and PMS 485
- familiarity with the DoD 5000 acquisition program and documents
Masters and undergraduate degrees in electrical engineering, physics, mathematics and mechanical engineering.
Top Secret with last investigation within five years
- must be a self-starter and able to work independently but can also work seamlessly as part of a team of experts
- excellent communication and writing skills and ability to collaborate with other technical experts
- can work in a fast paced, highly technical environment while meeting critical milestones
- can identify cost saving capabilities to meet customer requirements
- will provide critical, analytical, process oriented thinking to facilitate program development, testing and implementation