Retail Business Services, LLC, is the services company of Ahold Delhaize USA, currently providing services to six East Coast grocery brands, including Food Lion, Giant Food, GIANT/MARTIN'S, Hannaford and Stop & Shop, as well as the country’s largest online grocery retailer, Peapod.
Retail Business Services leverages the scale of the local brands to drive synergies and provides industry-leading expertise, insights and analytics to local brands to support their strategies with services including Commercial Services and Strategy, Operations, Information Technology, Financial Services, Legal Services, Communications, Supply Chain and People Systems and Services.
Position Title: Private Brands Supplier Services Specialist
Position Location: Carlisle, PA
Position Summary: Respective GLBs point of contact for PB Suppliers and business partners in support of supplier data analysis, forecasting, and cost implementations, along with escalation point to mitigate out of stocks issues occurring in retail. In addition, is responsible for the tracking, data alignment, monitoring and reporting task for Private Brands transition for each item from approval to print until product is on shelf.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Private Brand Forecasting
Develops and communicates product forecast to Private Brands Suppliers who manufacture Private Brand Products.
- Respective GLBs point of contact for PB Suppliers on inquires or request for future turn forecasting.
- For new PB Items, create and provide initial and future turn forecast.
- Create and provide ad-hoc forecasting as needed for PB Suppliers.
- Using PB forecasting tool to extract, verify and communicate preliminary ad forecast to PB Suppliers to ensure availability of adequate raw material and production lead time.
- Review and verify final four-week ad forecast and communicating to PB Suppliers to ensure advertised items are in stock.
- Respective GLBs point of contact on inquires and ad-hoc reporting from PB Suppliers for warehouse and store sales historical data.
- Private Brand Transitions (Supplier, Brand and New Item)
Is responsible for the tracking, data alignment, monitoring and reporting task for Private Brands transition until product is on shelf.
- Responsible for communication to PB suppliers, replenishment, categories and other business partners on their responsibilities for transition requirements, status of transition and issues that need to be escalated.
- Using transition tracker template, populate, maintain transition data (inventory levels, required on-shelf date, print/pack/on-shelf timing, etc.) in support of the full transition from the approved to print stage to placement on store shelf.
- Oversee the coordination and building of the plan for managing down the existing suppliers inventory in preparing for transitions and order new inventory.
- Respective GLBs point of contact to initiate the completion and validation of New Item Paperwork to ensure items are appropriate set-up in all applicable systems.
- Private Brand Supplier Coordination and Communication
Provides support, coordination, communication and mitigates issues for PB Suppliers and business partners.
- Manages the notification, escalation and coordination to mitigate the negative impact at retail for out of stocks. Communicates and escalates to the Manager of PB Vendor Management, PB Leadership and other business partners.
- Respective GLBs point of contact for PB Suppliers and business partners to identify and solve cost discrepancies outside of contract cost to prevent out of stock situations and invoice discrepancies.
- Escalation contact for PB Suppliers and business partners to address logistical issues and opportunities.
- Respective GLBs point of contact to initiate the completion and validation of Item and Vendor Maintenance Paperwork to ensure items are accurately updated in all applicable systems.
- Ensures PB deletion items are pended in the systems and final buyout quantities occur.
- For Food Lion and Hannaford only, research’s deductions dispute and escalates to PB Suppliers and business partners with recommended resolution. Owns submission of all updates and changes for PB cost and deals prior to approval by business partners.
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field or equivalent combination of education and related work experience
- 3+ years of related business experience in either Forecasting, Supply Chain, Private Brands and/or Broker/Supplier
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Organization skills
- Ability to analyze interpret and take appropriate action on information.
- Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Office products, including Word and PowerPoint
- Mastery of Excel
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Highly self-motivated, goal oriented, and works well under pressure.
- Ability to independently identify problems and propose solutions
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with excellent follow-up and attention to detail
- Able to apply critical thinking when solving problems and making decisions.
- Able to operate in a fast-paced environment
- Customer focused
- Ability to work collaboratively
Job Type: Full-time