NOC Tech Tier 2 (US Citizenship Required)
Senior NOC Technician, Tier II shift lead-position is responsible for the troubleshooting and restoration of Wide Area Network (WAN) Services for our dedicated federal customer. This position is located at a customer premise Network Operations Center. Work on a hybrid VA/NSOC Team leveraging technical expertise to respond to and resolve Tier 2 level network- related tickets or those that have been escalated from the Tier 1 engineers. You will perform troubleshooting and isolation of a Nationwide MPLS WAN to include circuits/connectivity and supporting PE and CE routers and switches.
In addition, share technical guidance and direction to fellow Jr. Tier II technicians on shift. Perform hourly escalations as needed and provide oversight for resolution of issues as needed. Must be able to work closely with government personnel and other vendors on staff in an Operations Center environment. Support of 24x7 Operations Center, shift work.
- Solid customer facing skills
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in troubleshooting complex network issues both circuit and routing
- Working knowledge of Physical Layer and supporting transmission systems TCP/IP Routing and Networking
- Knowledge of IP routing, Multi-Protocol Layer Switching networks
- Experience using a trouble ticket tracking system, e.g ServiceNow, etc.
- Experience using Network Monitoring tools, e.g., RiteITnow, SolarWinds, Netscout, Netview, Netcool, etc.
- Must be a US Citizen able to obtain and retain a Customer Position of Public Trust after hire. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or current Cisco certification preferred
Job Type: Contract
Pay: $62,000.00 - $72,000.00 per year
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Network Operations: 1 year (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)
- What Network Monitoring tools do you have experience with?
Full Time Opportunity:
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Night shift
- 8 hour shift
- Overnight shift