Receives, stores, retrieves, and distributes shipments and materials within a large warehouse facility. Successful candidate will perform warehouse operations, material handling, inventory activities, loading, unloading, materials and office equipment onto and from trucks for delivery and/or storage.
- Ability to function in a fast paced, sometimes high-pressured environment, meeting the high expectations of customers and service management staff
- Must be a self-starter
- Candidates must have strong communication skills
- Capable of lifting up to 55 pounds on a routine basis
- Previous warehouse and/or logistics experience preferred
- Forklift certification preferred
- One to two years of distribution experience desirable
- Minimum high school diploma or GED
- Experience using pallet jacks, electric pallet jacks and forklifts and various hand and power tools a plus
- Reads schedules, customer orders, work orders, shipping orders, or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered, distributed, or crated.
- Sorts and places materials or items on racks, pallets, or other storage system according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code.
- Fills requisitions, work orders, or requests for materials, tools, or other items and distributes items to workers.
- Marks materials with identifying information.
- Uses computer to enter records.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.00 to $13.00 /hour
- warehouse and/or logistics: 2 years (Preferred)