- Accomplishes restaurant human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Achieves restaurant operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Meets restaurant financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Plans menus by consulting with chefs; estimates food costs and profits; adjusts menus.
- Controls costs by reviewing portion control and quantities of preparation; minimizing waste; ensuring high quality of preparation.
- Avoids legal challenges by conforming to the regulations of the alcoholic beverage commission.
- Maximizes bar profitability by ensuring portion control; monitoring accuracy of charges.
- Publicizes the restaurant by designing and placing advertisements; inviting food editors to review the restaurant; contacting local, regional, and national magazines with feature ideas; encouraging local businesses to hold social events at the restaurant.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy environment by establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations; securing revenues; developing and implementing disaster plans; maintaining security and sprinkler systems; maintaining parking lot and walkways.
- Maintains ambiance by controlling lighting, background music, linen service, glassware, dinnerware, and utensil quality and placement; monitoring food presentation and service.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.Restaurant Manager Skills and Qualifications:
People Management, Planning, Foster Teamwork, Giving Feedback, Customer Service, Developing Budgets, Self-Motivated, Energy Level, Multi-tasking, Resolving Conflict, Verbal Communication
Job Type: Full-time
- Fine Dining Restuarant Manager: 5 years (Required)