Drives tractor/trailer to deliver goods from depot to warehouses and depots. Hauls empty trailers, trailers with pallets, and vendor loads back to depot. Drives hydraulic 5th wheel tractor in depot yard to move trailers. Maintains driving and equipment records.
Essential Functions and Tasks:
1) Drives split-axle tractor/trailer combination to deliver goods from depot to warehouses and other depots
within a 100 air-mile radius as outlined in dispatch instructions. Hauls empty trailers, trailers with pallets,
and vendor loads back to depot.
2) Performs Driver’s Vehicle Inspection Report on assigned equipment prior to operation and updates
throughout the day. Records mileage and time on Driver’s Log.
3) Drives 5th wheel hydraulic tractor to move, stage, and position trailers in depot yard. Cuts lock seals for
inbound trailers. Checks, logs temperatures on refrigerated trailers, logs trailers in yard. Reports on
yard and dock view and receives direction from guard booth, shipping, receiving, pallet, and fleet.
4) Communicates with co-workers, other drivers, and vendors by citizen’s band radio, 2-way radio, phone,
and in person. Reports position, gets instructions, checks and reports on upcoming road conditions,
notifies of arrival, directs loading when necessary.
5) Hooks up and unhooks trailers to tractor by grasping and rotating from shoulder to set/disengage 5th
wheel. Checks oil, air, water, and washer fluid, adding as needed. Scales axle weights before each
trip. Installs tire chains as needed.
6) Maintains all licenses, certifications, and testing in good standing and complies with Costco and
government regulations, reporting, policies, and procedures. Documents accidents, notifies Police and Costco Fleet management, and photographs accident scene.
Education/Training: High School or GED preferred.
Class A Commercial Driver’s License applicable. Satisfactory Physical Exam results required every 2 yrs. Successful comprehensive road test in Costco equipment. Experience: 3 years tractor-trailer combination driving experience required. 3 years clean driving abstract required.
Knowledge/Skills: Must be at least 25 years of age. Knowledge of cargo loading and securing practices required.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $27.35 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid orientation
- Paid time off
- Paid training
- Safety equipment provided
- Uniform allowance
- Vision insurance
- Home daily
- Year round work
Trucking Driver Type:
Temperature reading taken upon entry, masks are required indoors and screening questions are asked.
Work Location: One location