Job Title: Systems Engineer
Reports To: Engineering Manager
The Systems Engineer will be responsible for the development of material handling system designs. This individual will work closely with other project engineers to develop the best technological solutions to fit our customer needs. This role will require strong interpersonal and communication skills with enhanced multi-tasking abilities across engineering, procurement, and manufacturing. The ideal candidate will have the ability to quote, engineer, and support the implementation of all types of material handling systems.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide systems solutions in all forms of automation and technology with a focus on material handling equipment and systems in distribution, warehousing and manufacturing
- Work in a team environment to concept, detail design and specify the right applications for our customer solutions.
- Create schedules and project documents with organizational care which benefit the team
- Manage specifications and supplier commitments to deliver services and equipment which meet budgetary and other operational requirements.
- Oversee Supplier selection and management through a formal bid process and procurement.
- Support installation staff when required by providing drawings, answering questions, providing onsite support, etc including site equipment commissioning as required.
- The role has no direct reports.
- Travel expectation are approximately 25%
Job Qualifications and Skills
- A bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Engineering
- Excellent organizational skills with emphasis on effective oral and written communication
- Strong proficiency in AutoCAD 2D and 3D modeling
- Must have experience with office utility products (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Experience with material handling systems or equipment is a plus.
- Experience with Revit or solid modeling is a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
- Systems Engineering: 3 years (Preferred)
- TS/SCI clearance (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules