This position will be responsible for various duties relating to the pre-closing and monitoring of loans prior to closing. The Pre-Funder will always exhibit a high level of professionalism and confidentiality, communicate with underwriter, processors and closers prior to closing of loans. Must have knowledge of state and federal guidelines to ensure all files are complaint.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Perform the pre-closing audit on Government (all channels) and Conventional loans for QM and loan tolerance that meet all state and federal guidelines.
· Responsible for ensuring all loan’s meet state and federal tolerances for QM fees.
· Review loans for Pre-Funding QC based on the Pre-Funding QC Worksheet prior to the file being closed to ensure that all pre-funding compliance requirements are met and ensure all information matches/is consistent across all file documents.
· Review Locked LE, TILA , TRID and COC to ensure all forms are dated correctly and compliant.
· Complete Verbal VOE process on all borrowers and complete written documentation.
· Perform in File Credit for established selection percentages.
· Verify licensing with NMLS to ensure loan officer is properly licensed within the state.
· Identify issues that may results in the inability to sell a loan on the secondary market
· Communicate effectively with operations staff to address any unresolved issues and elevates concerns to Quality Control Supervisor of any potentially critical issues
· Monthly reporting and tracking of audits, findings and trends.
· Assist in Internal and External Audits.
· Verify All Insurance Requirements.
· Follow requirements in policies and procedures manual.
· FILES WILL NOT CLOSE WITHOUT BEING APPROVED AND SIGNED OFF BY YOU!
Education, Knowledge, Experience
· Excellent understanding of investor, agency and government guidelines.
· Knowledge of regulatory issues surrounding consumer lending products and guidelines.
· Intermediate Excel skills.
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Excellent time management and organizational skills to meet deadlines.
· Proven written and verbal communication skills; maintain a positive professional demeanor and ability to communicate with peers and upper management
· Ability to work as part of a team and independently
· Open to change and willing to learn new skills
· Ability to follow up on pending issues
· Ability to take initiative with or without little direction in order to complete tasks
· Ability to review, analyze and interpret information, and trouble-shoot to solve problems
· Internet Explorer
· Proficient in Excel and Word, 10-key by touch, Outlook, One Drive
· Mortgage Loan Origination Systems
· AUS Lending Systems – DU/LP/GUS
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Mortgage Pre-Closing: 3 years (Required)
- Mortgage: 5 years (Required)
Work Location: Multiple Locations