Title: SUPERVISOR, TREETOP TREK (TTT)
Reports to: DIRECTOR, ADVENTURE SERVICES
Job Overview: Part of a three-person team that shares overall responsibility for the day-to-day operation of a zipline course. Will supervise from 5-20 employees at a time prioritizing safety and guest experience while representing the Brevard Zoo and connecting visitors to the Zoo’s mission. On days not assigned lead supervisor, will have primary responsibility for one of four areas: customer service/sales; training; safety/maintenance; or working with guests directly on the course.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Supervisor will be in responsible daily set-up of program areas, overseeing the inspection of course elements and related safety equipment, lunches, hiring, scheduling, discipline, staff evaluations, customer complaints, selling packages – knowing the script, emergency procedures, etc. – to include checking in with MoD, possibly attending meetings to discuss TTT and closing procedures for the course etc.
- Coordinating with other Supervisors and the Director to keep attraction fresh and safe
- Ensuring all issues are brought to the attention of the Director of Adventure Services proactively
- Radio protocol
- Serve as a positive role model for all guests and other staff
- Will assist guests through the course, offering advice, encouragement and aid if needed
- Supervisor will also need to understand, demonstrate all necessary emergency protocols and be able to respond in a professional manner. They provide direction to the Course Guides and Safety Officers.
- WORKING AS ONE SUPERVISORY UNIT MADE UP OF THREE
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Customer Service/Sales/Harness House
- Train all staff on guest service and maintaining a professional demeanor for all guests as well as reviewing these skills on a regular basis for quality assurance
- Responsible for training and supervising the Harness House Cashier and their daily expectations
- Responsible for supervising the Maintenance Officer with all of the course maintenance on the Treetop Trek and TreeHugger
- Monitoring the Training Officer with the training of Cadets, which includes but is not limited to, briefings, basic hands-on training on the course as well as all other New Hire training
- Responsible to make sure all staff are up to date on all training, including belay and knot work
- Recertification training of all Guides and Safety Officers every six months
- Training of Guides on Challenge Reloaded in order to become Safety Officers
- Providing monthly training for Guides and Safety Officers on Black Diamond
- Monitoring monthly briefing checks
- High school diploma required/some college or degree preferred
- At least two years’ experience supervising groups of high school/college aged workers in a customer service/outdoor adventure environment
- Strong communication skills and good judgment
- Ability to master all aspects of the zipline attraction (i.e. the entire course)
- Must complete Basis First Aid, CPR and AED training, Advanced Trauma, and specific TTT training.
- Able to work outdoors, in all weather conditions, all year round. Will be exposed to dirt, insects, and extreme weather.
- Strong public speaking and leadership skills preferred.
- Competitive pay, up to 40hrs/week
- Health Insurance with free gym membership (no deductible)
- Free Dental
- Optional life, vision, and short-term disability insurances
- Paid-time Off (PTO) – 17 days/year
- Paid Holidays – 9/year
- Matching 403b retirement funds
- Zoo membership and Central Florida attraction shares
Job Type: Full-time
- Supervisory: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)