Assistant Controller - Mountain Division(Job Number: 06032-41338)
Work Location: United States-Utah-Cottonwood Heights-MountainStar Healthcare
Job Type: Directors & Managers
The Division Office that supports the Mountain Division of HCA (MountainStar Health/Utah, Idaho and Alaska) has an Assistant Controller opening!
This position will assist the Mountain Division Controller and Chief Financial Officer in directing and coordinating the financial activities of the Division including accounting, reporting, budgeting, internal control functions and other duties as needed. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Division Internal Audit Lead and Division Audit Committee Member: Assess internal auditing needs, lead and perform audits.
- Budget, Cost report, Tax Work Papers: Assist in development of annual budget, and Medicare Cost Report and Tax work paper packages.
- Financial Support: Serve as a resource in financial matters.
- Monthly Closing: Perform assigned closing entries, procedures, and reviews.
- Take lead role in key accounting processes, such as joint ventures, fixed assets, etc.
- Participation: Participate in committees or work groups as requested to improve division financial and operational performance.
- Professional Development: Stay current on the latest developments, i.e. new APG's, software enhancements, policy and procedure updates, etc.
- Reconciliation: Reconcile assigned balance sheet accounts and make timely corrections.
- Identifies role as a team member and, as an individual, works efficiently to achieve satisfaction goals of team, department and hospital. (Patient, physician, and fellow employee satisfaction)
HCA’s Mountain Division offers careers within 11 highly-respected and tightly integrated hospitals within Utah, Idaho and Alaska. While each site is unique in location, size, and community, all Mountain Division facilities share commonalities of compassion, patient-focused, quality care and collaborative teamwork. We know that together, we’re greater. We also know that what makes us better makes our patients better. That’s why our facilities consistently receive national recognition for superior quality and exceptional safety.
HCA’s Mountain Division hospitals are part of a network of more than 300 affiliate hospitals, outpatient centers and business offices across the country – offering employees the opportunity for travel and relocation. HCA facilities are all about caring for people, and that care extends to patients, families and employees.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or equivalent.
- Master's Degree or CPA desirable.
- Two(2) years accounting and auditing experience preferred.