Under the direction of the Care Coordination Supervisor and as part of the Care Coordination team, the Health Insurance Enrollment Specialist will support health coverage enrollment activities for Missouri Ryan White clients.
- Learns quickly when facing new problems; a continuous and versatile learner.
- Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; moves back and forth between projects/tasks fluidly.
- Can handle multiple tasks at once and enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of challenges and opportunities.
- Experiments to find solutions; can decide and act without having the total picture; is able to function when things are up in the air.
- Can appropriately prioritize his/her time, zeroing in on critical issues; accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; sets objective and goals.
- Builds appropriate rapport with others; can find common ground and work collaboratively as needed to achieve results.
- Experience with community outreach and assisting low-income or traditionally marginalized individuals preferred.
- Excellent computer skills with high comfort level utilizing the Internet.
- Strong verbal communicator both in-person and by phone, including both expressing concepts and information in an understandable way as well as attentive listening skills.
- Attention to detail and task-focused, demonstrating excellent follow-through.
- Ability to function effectively in both an autonomous work environment and as part of a team.
- Ability to assist uninsured and underinsured individuals in understanding their health insurance options, facilitate their decision to select and enroll in coverage.
- Ability to adhere to facility, state or federal guidelines and regulations, including strict confidentiality rules.
Examples of Activities
Maintain expertise in eligibility,
enrollment and program specifications
- Attend trainings and attain any certification required
- Stay current on policy and procedures
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the process through which individuals apply for financial assistance and enroll in the insurance affordability programs
- Collect, analyze and report data on consumer issues and problems
Provide complete, fair, and impartial information
- Inform consumers and small businesses about the full range of Qualified Health Plans (QHPs) and insurance affordability programs including public health coverage in an unbiased manner
Facilitate selection of health plan
- Help consumers complete application for health coverage
- Explain the eligibility decision, and next steps
- Answer any questions about coverage options and cost-sharing requirements, including premiums
- Explain tax credits and their financial implications
- Ask questions that help a consumer determine which plan is best for their family circumstances in terms of benefits and costs
- Assist consumers with plan enrollment into ADAP approved plans
- Educate consumers about changes in circumstance that may affect their eligibility for coverage and provide assistance in making changes to coverage or maintaining eligibility for coverage, as needed
- Educate clients about the interaction between health coverage options and Missouri’s Ryan White/ADAP program
Meet confidentiality and privacy standards
- Create a physical space where consumers can freely discuss their financial and personal situation without concern of being overheard
- Maintain the highest ethical standards in regard to non-disclosure of protected personal information
- Set up monitoring systems to ensure that only required data is stored and that it cannot be accessed without proper authorization.
- Must have strong PC proficiency and MS Office skills
- Must be able to manage time effectively in order to complete tasks and meet deadlines
- Must have good interpersonal skills with ability to relate to diverse groups of people and people on all levels
- Ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple tasks with different deadlines
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
- Potential exposure to virus, disease and infection from patients in working environment
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to identify, communicate and exchange information
- The employee regularly is required to move about the building
- Expected to travel to community meetings, client homes or other agencies
- May experience traumatic situations including psychiatric traumatized and deceased patients
- Employee may regularly have to lift up to ten (10) pounds
- Bachelor’s Degree plus three years’ experience in client services, insurance enrollment/community outreach. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Must be able to complete web-based training and pass on-line exam to become a Health Insurance Enrollment Specialist.
- Must have reliable transportation to conduct outreach and enrollment activities and attend mandatory meetings throughout the state, as local and regional travel may be required.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- Insurance Enrollment: 3 years (Required)