About The Role:
SWIFT clients are offered direct access to experts who provide support, training and consulting services to address their business and technical challenges with a focus on increasing operational efficiency, reducing costs and mitigating operational risk. The Americas Professional Services team is hiring a Senior Business Analyst; he/she will be participating in multifaceted services engagements like Operational Assessments, SWIFT and Industry Standards services (incl. standards mapping), Integration and Adoption services, business needs & functional/technical requirements analysis. In some engagements the responsibilities will also include project management. The Senior Business Analyst operates in a highly complex business and technical environment with a focus on key business initiatives. He/she is responsible for formulating key, clear and attainable recommendations to the customer and advice on how to make use of new services/options in SWIFT's product portfolio.
- Operational / Impact Assessments: articulate objective, relevant and accurate recommendations for the customer to make operational improvements or integration of new services. Help the customer and the relevant account manager translate the recommendations into clear and tangible actions and benefits for the areas covered. Other Business Assessments include engagement with existing customers, assessing Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats in helping them improve efficiency, reduce cost and Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), and reduce operational risk.
- SWIFT and Industry Standards services (incl. standards mapping): define plans for standards implementation/mapping specification development and/or infrastructure projects of medium to large size/complexity and/or assist in defining such plans for projects of large size/complexity. Analyze and define business needs that result in the development of SWIFT ISO standards implementation specifications within the scope of a project (ideally including business and logical models, testing and implementation tools and/or documentation). Enable customers to formalize usage specifications, as well as how to use a SWIFT tool (MyStandards) for testing purposes, particularly as it relates to ISO20022 adoption.
- Business needs & functional/technical requirements analysis: prior to an actual implementation, some customers will engage in a business assessment to understand how the implementation will satisfy their business requirements, and to understand the size and the cost of the implementation. The Senior Business Analyst should also be able to perform an objective analysis of integration requirements to make an assessment of complexity, risk, and cost of the integration project. He/she will initiate and drive adequate translation of recommendations into clear and tangible actions and functional specifications for the business/technical area. Knowledge of payment formats as well as ISO is required. Securities and trade finance knowledge is an asset.
- Analyze a specific business/technical domain in order to evaluate and understand short/medium-term tactical requirements as well as strategic customer opportunities.
- Prepare underlying documentation and supporting business/technical flows, e.g. functional specifications, mapping guides, in-depth description of flows and translations.
- Articulate objective, relevant and accurate recommendations for the customer to make operational improvements. Identify potential business opportunities for SWIFT within the area covered by the team.
- Assist with business development and pre-sales activities by providing communication of the value proposition towards the account managers, delivering commercial presentations, assist to service scoping meetings, creating service proposals …
- Collaborate with marketing and other teams to ensure sales collateral is developed and maintained which tells the story of how standards products & services add value to the customer.
- Identify and follow-up on product/service deficiencies internally at SWIFT
- Ensure consistent communication towards complex customers, while developing a strong and trusted relationship
- College degree in Business, Finance or Computer Science
What we offer:
- A minimum of 5 years experience in the financial services, in particular in a business analysis role
- Previous experience with banking operations, back-office business operations or back-office system integration knowledge
- Experience in extracting and documenting business requirements
- In-depth expertise with one or many SWIFT-related business domains (standards, payments and/or securities); strong knowledge of payments and their flows (corporate and correspondent banking) is desirable.
- Knowledge and experience with SWIFT’s Products and Services is required, including customer experience with these solutions; knowledge of SWIFT FIN and ISO formats is highly desirable
- Previous experience delivering and project managing business engagements with customers; ability to cover the various phases of a project
- Excellent analytical, presentation and customer relationship skills
- Strong customer focus with strong networking and interpersonal abilities
- Ability to work in a team and as a standalone independent contributor
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken, fluent Spanish is an asset
- Must be willing to travel (domestically and internationally) up to 30% of the time
We put you in control of your career
We give you a competitive package
We help you perform at your best
We help you make a difference
We give you the freedom to be yourself
Company & department description:
SWIFT does not stand still. We are constantly evolving and tirelessly innovating. Working at the intersection of finance and technology is a very exciting place to be right now.
SWIFT is transforming cross-border payments, making them faster and more transparent than ever before. We are the way the world moves value — every instant of every day, in almost every country.
We are proud that what we do has a critical impact on the global financial community and touches almost every aspect of the financial world. So, what you do at SWIFT has real impact too — an impact that matters every day. Which is why you matter to us.
Joining SWIFT gives you unparalleled exposure to knowledge, expertise and technologies. If you have what it takes, you’ll be able to take on different career paths and have the opportunity to work in teams, departments and disciplines in countries around the world.
SWIFT is unique. There is no other organisation like ours in the world driving the long-term future of the financial ecosystem. You’ll be surrounded by bright, customer-focused and intellectually curious people in a collaborative, friendly, open and inclusive environment.
At SWIFT we are trusted every instant. Everything we do has an impact that matters. And as a member of our team, you are trusted to make your impact every day.