Under general supervision, perform installations of campus digital media systems and related equipment for campus units in support of instruction and administrative functions. Respond to repair & maintenance tickets for departmental media systems as directed. Provide backup technical support for the Classroom Maintenance unit -troubleshoot, maintain and repair systems as directed.
- Accurate color vision and ability to see extremely close or far objects clearly.
- Work with small prints and schematics.
- Lift equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
Work in confined spaces and on ladders.
Background Check Required:
- Valid California Drivers License- University to monitor driving record. Employee will be subject to the California Department of Motor Vehicles (Pull Notice System).
- Work hours: M-F, 8am to 5pm.
- Occasionally work evenings and/or weekends.
- Vacation is restricted during peak work periods.
- Adhere to workplace safety practices, read information communicated about workplace safety, complete required safety training on time, report any workplace safety issues promptly to their supervisor, or the designated safety coordinator.
- UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) will be strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or lease property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.
This position is a critical position and subject to a background check. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation including criminal history and identity checks.
- Experience installing and maintaining data projection systems, computer systems, audio systems, switching and control systems, and associated multimedia equipment.
- Experience using electronic theory, practical system designs, analog and digital circuitry on the job.
- Experience to fabricate, install and assemble enclosures, equipment racks, electrical mounting devices and associated hardware.
- Experience assessing multimedia system needs and create complete design plans incorporating a variety of data and electronic equipment into a usable technological system.
- Experience in performing design, installation and troubleshooting activities on complex digital media equipment systems.
- Skills to design drawings and schematics of systems being installed as well as work with and interpret existing blueprints and schematics.
- Experience with all related measurement test equipment and waveform analysis equipment including spectrum analyzer, oscilloscopes, DVM's, frequency counters, distortion analyzers, vector scopes etc.
- Experience to assign and delegate work to others and monitor through completion by providing direction and guidance as needed.
- Skills to assess the quality of work done and communication skills to convey that information to management.
- Experience using problem solving and critical thinking skills to diagnose a problem and determine steps necessary to produce an effective solution.
- Communication skills in order to interact with all levels of the organization in a professional, tactful and diplomatic manner.
- Knowledge of what media and distribution equipment is available, their capabilities, cost effectiveness and compatibility with other campus systems.
- Skills to instruct others.
- Experience use computers for record keeping, making schematics and drawings, email, and meetings.
- Experience practicing electronic, mechanical and installation safety standards.
- Organizational and analytical skills to effectively complete work assignments.