Our engineers are responsible for building new products that provide a simple user experience for complicated business processes. This includes insurance enrollments and calculations, HRIS features, payroll integration, and other third-party integration. You'll get your hands dirty building user interfaces one day and large-scale back-end apps the next. We grow year after year and have a lot of products and a lot of date resulting in some unique and challenging engineering requirements. You’ll be involved in product development for design through implementation and will have a high degree of input throughout the process.
We expect our senior engineers to manage a product from conception to installation. They should be just as comfortable working alone as with a team, enjoy a continuous development cycle, and should always be willing to help a colleague with design, review, or advice.
Our junior and mid-level engineers have a lot of latitude for implementation but receive mentoring and regular feedback from peers.
We code in C# and use ASP.NET MVC 5 with a homegrown micro-ORM, HTML5, Bootstrap, Vue.js, jQuery, underscore.js, and a smattering of others.
What we're looking for:
- Technical leadership – lead other developers, drive a product
- Experience building and maintaining products with real-world usage
- Ability to rapidly iterate and roll out new code -- we ship as soon as features are complete
- Demonstrable track record building high-throughput applications that scale
- Attention to detail – this is very important, since most of the applications here are mission critical (HR, payroll, deductions, insurance benefits)
- Ability to own what you are building and see it through from end to end
- Strong front-end development skills – experience with Vue.js is preferred
- Experience with distributed processing is a plus • Designing web service API's
- Undergraduate degree required
- 4+ years of professional experience
- Proven in-depth knowledge of C#
- We strive for work / life balance and are flexible with leave
- Not a remote position ... we want engineers in-house so we keep a free flow of ideas