AVP Branch Manager III
When you join Eastern Bank, you join the largest and oldest mutual bank in the country.
We pride ourselves in having knowledgeable and experienced professionals that can provide the expertise, personal attention and service our customers deserve.
As the fourth-largest full-service commercial bank in Greater Boston, we are able to offer you unique opportunities for career growth throughout the organization, as well as a competitive compensation and benefits program.
As an inclusive company, we work to ensure that our valued employees are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, and encouraged to reach their fullest potential. These values have earned us a reputation as a great place to work and provide a strong reason why you should consider a career with us.
In this role, you will be responsible for the following:
- Responsible for the overall management of a mid-to-large-sized banking office.
- Proactively guides the sales activities of the assistant manager and platform staff toward achievement of their personal sales objectives, as well as established branch goals.
- Through tested techniques, engages in sales and service coaching sessions with sales staff.
- With a focus on building commercial relationships, conducts business development activities to include personal visits and outbound teleservicing as components, several of which may be joint with partners from the business banking unit.
- Promotes Eastern Bank through community involvement via memberships in local organizations (i.e. Chamber of Commerce, Rotary, etc.), participation in city/town events, engaging local business networks, and the like.
- Although the assistant manager is responsible for managing daily branch operations and compliance issues, the branch manager has ultimate responsibility for the branch’s performance in these areas which include, but are not limited to, overdraft management, vault management, branch schedules, the opening and closing of the office, and other such duties.
- Manages customer service levels within the branch, adhering to established guidelines.
- Consistently applies Human Resource policy for routine aspects of management, and as performance issues arise.
- Prepare and deliver performance appraisals for subordinates.
- Expected to have / gain full understanding of the teller function.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent experience) required; three-to-five years of management experience and proven leadership capabilities required, preferably in a retail banking environment.
- For incumbents who have tenure with the bank, must have a history of solid sales, service and management successes.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are critical.
- Ability to build relationships and strong alliances across the organization.
- Must be flexible with ability to adapt to change.
- Ability to quickly learn all there is to know about the products and services offered by the bank.
- Must retain and build upon product knowledge base as a member of the division’s management team.
Retail Region 4
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Apr 10, 2018, 10:55:33 AM