Conducts Phase 1-4 Clinical Trials for patients and captures study-related data for sponsors.
Competencies and skills:Essential:
- Obtains medical history, monitors patient care, assess ongoing patient status and monitors treatment side effects.
- Coordinate activities of multidisciplinary team that carse for the patient as well as patient visits and necessary testing
- Documents patient/study results using the electronic medical record (EPIC) and completes data requirements for sponsors. Communicates patient/study results on an on-going basis to research team.
- Screens and consents patinets for clinical trials using Good Clinical Practice (GCP) guidelines. Provides patient and family support and education regarding protocol related drugs and procedures.
- Conducts Initiation, monitoring and close out visits with sponsors. Collaborates to ensure compliance with local, state and federal regulations and standards. Assists with preparing for and responding to audits. Participates in audits. Reports Adverse events and Resolves data queries with sponsors. Processes and ships study required specimens.
- STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR: Acts in a manner that supports the standards of communication, respect, privacy, and teamwork by demonstrating a commitment to professional and ethical conduct.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE: Demonstrates commitment to service excellence by promptly addressing internal/external customer issues/requests, resolving concerns while maintaining a professional image and behavior to build and enhance the patient/family/customer experience.
- ACCOUNTABILITY: Accepts ownership of job roles and specific assignments/goals; works independently, takes responsibility for own actions; admits mistakes and judgment errors; and accepts constructive feedback. Connects personal work results to the accomplishment of team and organizational goals.
- RESPONDING TO CHANGE: Accepts change and adapts in a positive and productive manner; handles unexpected situations and changes in direction calmly and with confidence. Views new assignments and job responsibilities as an opportunity for growth.
- RESEARCH - PROJECT MANAGEMENT: Conducts Phase 1-4 clinical trials and captures study related data for sponsors in an accurate and timely manner.
- RESEARCH - REPORTING: Prepares and reports research findings.
- ACCURACY: Completes work assignments within established quality and/or quantity standards.
- DEVELOPING RELATIONSHIPS: Builds positive and productive business relationships with individuals and groups.
- EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION: Communicates effectively with various audiences using the most appropriate method for the situation.
Education equivalent experience:Essential:
- Foreign Medical Doctor Degree
- Registered Nurse License - FL
- Graduate from an accredited professional nursing program, or foreign medical doctor program or equivalent clinical degree and experience
Complexity of Work:
Ability to travel for protocol related investigator meetings and research related training. This role requires critical thinking skills, effective communication, decisive judgement and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action. The incumbent must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action when required.
Required Work Experience:
1 year of clinical experience. At least 2 years of clinical research experience.
- Bending and Stooping ; ; ; 60.00%
- Keyboard Entry ; ; ; 80.00%
- Kneeling ; ; ; 60.00%
- Lifting/Carrying Patients 35 Pounds or Greater ; ; ; 60.00%
- Lifting or Carrying 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient ; ; ; 80.00%
- Pushing or Pulling 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient ; ; ; 80.00%
- Repetitive Movement Hand/Arm ; ; ; 80.00%
- Sitting ; ; ; 80.00%
- Squatting ; ; ; 60.00%
- Standing ; ; ; 80.00%
- Walking ; ; ; 80.00%
- Audible Speech ; ; ; 80.00%
- Hearing Acuity ; ; ; 80.00%
- Depth Perception ; ; ; 80.00%
- Distinguish Color ; ; ; 80.00%
- Seeing - Far ; ; ; 80.00%
- Seeing - Near ; ; ; 80.00%
- Bio hazardous Waste ; ; ; 80.00%
- Biological Hazards - Respiratory ; ; ; 80.00%
- Biological Hazards - Skin or Ingestion ; ; ; 80.00%
- Blood and/or Bodily Fluids ; ; ; 80.00%
- Communicable Diseases and/or Pathogens ; ; ; 80.00%
- Gas/Vapors/Fumes ; ; ; 60.00%
- Computer Monitor ; ; ; 80.00%
- Domestic Animals ; ; ; 60.00%
- Moving Mechanical Parts ; ; ; 60.00%
- Needles/Sharp Objects ; ; ; 60.00%
- Wet or Slippery Surfaces ; ; ; 60.00%
Since its inception in 1953, Memorial Healthcare System has been a leader in providing high-quality healthcare services to South Florida residents. Today, it is one of the largest public healthcare systems in the nation with over 13,000 team members and highly regarded for its exceptional patient- and family-centered care. Memorial's patient, physician and employee satisfaction rates are some of the most admired in the country, and the system is recognized as a national leader in quality healthcare.
Memorial has a reputation as one of Florida's leading healthcare systems and is supported by a distinguished medical staff. In fact, the vast majority of physicians are board certified or board qualified in their specialties and have been trained at many of the nation's finest medical schools and hospitals. Because of its distinguished medical staff and services, Memorial draws patients from South Florida and beyond.
Many prestigious healthcare awards have been earned by Memorial Healthcare System and its facilities. The accolades include: Modern Healthcare magazine's Best Places to Work in Healthcare, Florida Trend magazine's Best Companies to Work for in Florida, 100 Top Hospitals, Consumer Choice Award, Best-Run Hospital, Best Nursing Staff, Best Pediatric Hospital and Best Maternity Hospital.
This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification.