1. High School Diploma required;
2. Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering or other related field preferred;
3. Minimum of (three) 3 years of successful field experience in commercial construction, architecture, engineering, or similar activity;
4. Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, contractors, architects and consultants;
5. Requires excellent organizational and communication skills and personal relations;
6. Ability to perform daily operation reports through electronic methods;
7. Clear and valid Texas driver's license and acceptable driving record according to Texas standards for school bus drivers;
8. Knowledge of laws, rules, regulations and building codes applicable to state and local entities having jurisdiction;
9. Knowledge of OSHA and DSHS safety requirements, the general means and methods used in the construction industry for construction; and a general knowledge of products and equipment being installed;
10. Must be capable of reading, understanding, and knowing project specifications and drawings;
11. Ability to be at construction sites for extended durations, holidays, and weekends when necessary.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Annual Contract: 250 days
Salary Range (based on experience) as set by the Board of Trustees for the school year 2017-2018
1. Assist the Project Managers and other department staff with observations and site investigations during construction as required on projects and prepare necessary reports/documents as required.
2. Assist project managers and other department staff in reviewing, investigating and coordinating with the Maintenance and School Services Departments all building modification requests. Coordinate projects as required with outside contractors, district personnel, etc. for timely completion of the approved project.
3. Assist in developing plans and specifications and obtain pricing as required for all miscellaneous special projects and oversee the construction of such projects through completion, warranty and project closeout.
4. Assist the Project Managers with site visits and project coordination during the design phase of projects and prepare necessary reports/documents as required.
5. Assist with the review of all schematic, design development drawings and documents on all construction projects for compliance with district educational specifications and construction standards.
6. Assist project manager and other department staff in performing construction document quality control reviews at 50%, 75% and 100% for compliance with construction standards prior to issuance to contractors.
7. Assist project manager and other department staff with reviews of all addenda during the proposal period.
8. Assist with the updating of the district's educational specifications and construction standards as required.
9. Assist Project Managers with construction project closeout of assigned projects and also managing the one year warranty phase after substantial completion. Attend the six and eleven month warranty walk-throughs and follow-up on the completion of all outstanding warranty items identified.
10. Assist in gathering and inputting information for facilities database.
11. Assist in meeting with campus administrators as required coordinating construction projects with scheduled facilities operations, activities, testing, etc. as well as continual communications as to project status updates.
12. Comply with policies established by federal and state law, State Board of Education rules and district local and legal board policies and administration regulations.
13. Maintain safety standards in conformance with federal, state and insurance regulations.
14. Perform other duties as assigned by, but not limited to, the Director of Construction Field Services, Assistant Superintendent of Facilities and Construction and Associate Superintendent/Chief Operations Officer.
WORKING CONDITIONS:Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Exposure to cold and refrigerated areas.
Frequent district-wide travel utilizing personal or district vehicle.
Frequent standing, walking: moderate bending, stooping, pushing, pulling and lifting up to 25 pounds.
Maintain emotional control under stress.
Occasional prolonged and irregular work hours
Prolonged use of computer.
Work around construction machinery with moving parts.
Work indoors and outdoors to conduct on-site inspection of facilities and construction projects.
Work on ladders, lifts or scaffolding.
DEADLINE TO APPLY:
May 14, 2018 or until filled
Applications will be reviewed
Not all applicants will be interviewed
Hiring Managers may choose to email you regarding this application. Please monitor your email regularly for any communication.
BECOME AN ADMINISTRATOR WITH CFISD: