Inventory Coordinator – Softlines
Assistant Managers, Store Manager and Office Lead
The duties of the Inventory Coordinator are to be performed by demonstrating all of Stan’s Merry Mart’s core values.
The Inventory Coordinator position is responsible for the analysis of inventory performance and reinforces inventory best practices; reduce shrink; assure that inventory adjustments are made correctly; assist with development of inventory related policies, and provide training to ensure procedure’s compliance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receiving inventory on an as needed basis using the RF gun.
o Verify integrity and quantities of merchandise as they arrive, versus electronic purchase orders.
o Work with buyer and assistant buyer to fix any issues with purchase orders.
o Tag items before they are ready to be merchandised.
- Shrink Reduction: Monitor shrink reports on a monthly basis with the goal of reducing shrink - Shrink areas to monitor and to coordinate training to address those issues and correct them.
o Receiving errors; Front-End (cashier mistakes); and Inventory corrections
o Develop a shrink report to identify high shrink areas and minimize them.
o Work with management and their cameras to reduce problem areas
- Review store’s True Outs on a weekly basis using a Compass report to minimize/resolve issues and improve inventory position.
o Monitor inventory levels on a weekly basis to ensure stores maintain an accuracy level of less than 25 outs per 1000 sq. ft. Assist management team in achieving their goals.
- Monthly Mango tasks: Communicate with the stores on all Mango related items each month and collect all data from the stores and compile final reports.
o Monitor the Mango Accuracy Reports on a monthly basis and work with the stores to achieve an accuracy level of 97% or better.
- Monitor obsolete inventory reports on a monthly basis to reduce dead inventories by a minimum of 10% annually and assist store management with the liquidation process.
o Reduce x-items by 25% of total X inventory
- Manage back-stock rooms on a quarterly basis to maintain only polarity A & B items.
- Report and monitor on a quarterly basis the percentage of inventory invested by popularity code:
o Green, yellow, and red zones
- Maintain all location codes accurate, and monitor its status on a quarterly basis
- Work with Management Team to properly tag items discontinued from the planogram as appropriate on an ongoing basis.
o Work on discontinued and RCIN reports when report is received.
Required Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Conduct business in a moral and ethical way.
- Knowledge of purchasing & inventory systems.
- Have a good concept of some management responsibilities.
- Communicate well with others, and work well as part of a retail team.
- A high degree of analytical skills, and the ability to be self-directed.
- Good organizational and project management skills.
- Develops and maintains client relationships and strategic partnerships throughout the organization, including suppliers, employees, management staff, and the general public as needed.
- Always be polite and attentive to customers and staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Tasks involve the ability to exert moderate, though not constant physical effort, typically involving some combination of climbing and balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling.
- Must be able to bend and lift loads, up to 50 lbs. unassisted and able to push and pull carts with products
- Tasks may risk exposure to adverse environmental conditions, such as fumes, toxic agents/chemicals and noise extremes).