The Alliance of American Football is seeking a senior level Executive Assistant to support the Head of Business. Under general direction, the Executive Assistant performs varied, difficult, sensitive and confidential office administrative and secretarial support functions for the Head of Business; and performs related duties as assigned
Essential Duties / Tasks / Responsibilities:
1. Provides secretarial and administrative support.
2. Coordinates work with other executive and support staff to ensure a high performance, customer service-oriented work environment
3. Types and/or drafts memoranda, correspondence, and other documents and reports often of a highly sensitive and confidential nature;
4. Ensures materials and reports for signature are accurate and complete; proofreads and checks typed and other materials for accuracy, completeness and compliance with District standards, policies and procedures.
5. Schedules, prepares agenda and meeting materials and types minutes for various meetings.
6. Maintains the calendar; coordinates, arranges and confirms meetings.
7. Receives telephone calls, providing information and handling issues that may require sensitivity and use of sound, independent judgment.
8. Responds to requests for information and complaints, refers matters to appropriate staff and/or takes or recommends action to resolve the request or complaint.
9. Reviews, determines the priority and routes incoming correspondence, reports, requests and instructions; handles or refers matters as directed.
10. Acts as liaison in coordinating matters with other department heads and managers.
11. Refers or recommends referral of matters to appropriate departments and staff for action and report.
12. Researches and assembles information from a variety of sources for the preparation of reports and correspondence.
13. Represents the Alliance with external groups and organizations.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
Office administrative and management practices and procedures.
Principles and practices of sound business communication.
Correct English usage, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
Train others in work processes and procedures; organize, research and maintain office files.
Compose correspondence, prepare documents and make arrangements from brief instructions; communicate clearly and effectively orally and in writing.
Prepare clear, accurate and concise records and reports; maintain highly sensitive and confidential information.
Use a high degree of tact, discretion and diplomacy in dealing with sensitive situations and concerned and/or upset groups and individuals.
Establish and maintain highly effective working relationships with executives and managers, business and community organizations, interest groups, the media, customers and others encountered in the course of work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.