Full Job Description
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an opening for a Cybersecurity/Information Assurance Engineer in Huntsville, AL to perform security architecture and design tasks, system security requirements analysis/definition, and Assessment and Authorization (A&A) activities.
What you’ll experience:
- Being a part of a team that develops industry-leading cybersecurity technologies, products and services that help our nation’s heroes keep our nation safe
- Working closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions
- Career-defining challenges and opportunities to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some our nation’s core defense/intelligence services and systems
What you bring to the table:
- Cybersecurity experience throughout the system development life cycle to include detailed security analysis, requirements analysis and decomposition, design/development of security solutions, software development, security verification/validation, and system administration to meet mission needs and customer expectations
- Proficiency in the use and understanding of systems engineering concepts, principles, and theories, with Agile experience preferred
- Proficiency in effective selection of appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the system development life cycle to support the development and implementation of cybersecurity engineering products and solutions
- Strong scripting skills, preferably in PowerShell to perform system administration tasks
- Experience utilizing Windows Deployment Toolkit and PowerShell to automate installation of VMware vSphere, Windows 10, Windows Servers, and RedHat operating systems.
- Experience using PowerShell to automate offline patching, firewall rules configuration, Microsoft Desired State Configuration Manager, deployment of Windows IIS Web Applications, security lockdown configuration, monitoring of ports/protocols/services, and monitoring and automation of threat detection.
"What sets you apart: "
- Experience in the application of cybersecurity technology and trends to the architecture and design of large systems, including assessment and mitigation of system threats and risks throughout the program life cycle
- Experience in the implementation of cybersecurity specifications such as Risk Management Framework (RMF), STIGs, and other government security specifications/guidelines.
- Experience automating configuration and validation of security mechanisms
- Experience scripting continuous integration (CI) and continuous deployment (CD) of web applications frameworks utilizing tools such as Jenkins or GitHub Actions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills effective in reporting elements of cybersecurity engineering for large systems, including requirements, design, implementations, issues, impacts, and corrective actions
One last thing:
- An active Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification is highly desired.
Bachelor's degree in engineering or a related technical field and is required plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree in engineering or a related technical field plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience.
The candidate must have the ability to obtain a SECRET clearance upon hire. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $130,000.00 to $165,000.00 /year
Pay may depend on skills and/or qualifications
- PowerShell: 4 years (Required)
Security Clearance Required:
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply