- A Bachelor's degree is required.
- 5+ years of B2B business development experience
- Direct field experience in working with enterprise accounts
- Experience using problem-solving, mathematics and analytical skills using data to drive decisions in a business environment
Amazon is looking for a driven, entrepreneurial, and analytical Business Development Manager. The ideal candidate will be excited by partnering in launching a new start-up from the beginning of its life cycle, and will have familiarity leading sales generation with medium to large customers.
Amazon Transportation Services is building systems and capabilities to ensure that external shippers’ freight in the Amazon network (vendors, suppliers, sellers) is moved with the highest service and lowest possible costs. To meet this goal, we are continually striving to innovate and provide best-in-class service levels. You will efficiently negotiate terms and close deals with external shippers. Internally, you will work with functions that cut across the organization including legal, technology, marketing, transportation and customer service, to drive great customer experience for our program.
The ideal candidate will exhibit strong analytical and interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced, innovative climate. You will communicate with senior stakeholders within the Amazon Leadership team, as well as working with leaders at major companies to strengthen partner relations. The candidate is as comfortable working on strategy and design, as they are rolling-up their sleeves and working on implementation. They have demonstrated the ability to build customized, innovative logistics solutions, drive process improvement, standardize procedures and negotiate effectively.
Responsibilities of this role will include (but are not limited to):
- Build and maintain a pipeline of opportunities and provide regular forecasts.
- Ability to identify new revenue opportunities.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the logistics and transportation industry.
- Track and report on key metrics of the sales pipeline.
- Build strong working relationships with vendors, suppliers, businesses and internal peers.
- Negotiate with external shippers on contract terms.
- Engage with internal and external business teams and stakeholders to identify opportunities to improve performance and service.
- Drive revenue, adoption, and market segment share for our product.
- Earn trust of customers and recommend product solutions that fit their business needs.
- Measure performance, articulate root-cause analysis, and link to specific improvement areas
- Relay market needs and requirements back to internal Amazon teams including Product Management and Technical
- Creating program goals and related metrics, track progress and manage through obstacles to achieve your objectives
- Analyze current purchasing processes and evaluate opportunities for solutions to improve end user experiences, reduce costs, and accelerate organization performance
- Drive and accelerate spend adoption through advising customers on best practices for using our product
- Liaison with technical integration teams on both customer and Amazon side to ensure integration of our product in customer’s technology landscape
- Assess program risks, anticipate challenges, and provide escalation management when necessary
- Meet or exceed targets for customer and/or feature spend adoption
- Identify prioritization and trade-offs for meeting adoption and revenue targets
- This job will require strong communication skills while having the ability to work independently in a high pressure, and often ambiguous, work environment.
This role will be based in Seattle with moderate travel (25%).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Extensive customer network
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Expert use of MS Office Suite, CRMs (e.g. Salesforce.com), sales and marketing automation tools
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age