About MUJI: Since its founding in 1980, MUJI has expanded around the world with 414 stores in Japan, 344 stores in other countries including Asia and Europe, as well as 15 Stores in the US including New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, and California.
MUJI offers quality products in a wide variety such as stationery, household, furniture and apparel; all goods are sold at reasonable prices. Mujirushi Ryohin, or more commonly referred to as "MUJI," means "no-brand quality goods" in Japanese. The essence of MUJI products lies in its simplicity, flexibility and modesty to fit different life styles and individual preferences. Currently we are seeking Full Time staff for our Stanford Shopping Center location!
- Full time sales associates work 40 hours per week. Due to the busy nature of retail, all employees should enjoy a flexible working schedule and are required to work one weekend day.
Responsibilities and Duties
The primary responsibility of the sales associate is to provide excellent customer service to MUJI customers. Staff must be proactive and excel in a multi-tasking environment which is constantly changing. Staff should be eager to learn as MUJI carries over 3000 products. Ideal sales associates will be well versed in MUJI's philosophy and possess a love for its products. Staff are sometimes required to lift and transport heavy items. Minimal computer knowledge is necessary.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Customer service
- Opening and closing the store
- Balancing cash register
- Changing displays
- Receiving shipments
Qualifications and Skills
- Manage all aspects within assigned department
- Lead and motivate team to maintain department and stock room, as well as drive sales
- Train staff in department and store policies and procedures
- Quickly resolve and/or communicate any issues or problems with management to find appropriate resolution
- Benefits may include competitive pay, health insurance, national holidays, vacation days, sick days, and employee discount.
Please attach resume when applying
Job Type: Full-time
Required work authorization: