We are looking for a driven and experienced Accounting Managerto join our Finance team. This role is a hands on responsibility charged with developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements as well as overseeing the payroll function. You will be charged with managing a small team of accounting specialists in the execution of daily tasks. You will prepare monthly, quarterly and annual G/L closings including preparing and entering journal entries, fixed asset tracking and account reconciliations ensuring that all accounting functions are carried out in a timely and thorough manner. You will manage a variety of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting and year-end audit preparation. Our ideal candidate is extremely detail oriented, enjoys working in a high volume & fast paced environment with an emphasis on accuracy and timeliness, displays a high aptitude for effectively prioritizing and solving problems.
- Maintain accurate fixed asset records in accordance with capitalization policy.
- Complete month-end close process including journal entries and account reconciliation.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure to maximize the facilitation of both current and future reporting requirements.
- Responsible for accurately preparing certain account reconciliations and reviewing them with the Controller.
- Assist Controller and department with the design and implementation of policies and procedures, special projects and reports, including the development of Financial Statements and related analysis as needed.
- Develop and maintain the system of internal accounting controls and financial reporting.
- Identify project related risks and develop mitigation plans.
- Maintain state registrations, business and tax licenses.
- Analyze company financial performance and provide strategy to lower costs and improve profit.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Strong Team Player
- Strong attention to detail
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in fast-paced work environment
- Minimum 3 years of hands accounting and management experience
- Agriculture experience a plus
Whats in it for you:
- Competitive Base Salary
- Bonus Eligibility
- Health Benefits
- 401K Plan
- Paid Vacation Days
Job Type: Full-time
- accounting management: 3 years (Required)