Title: Junior Data Analyst/ Scientist (Big Data & Analytics)
Location: South Plainfield, NJ
Duration: Full-time/ Permanent
Interview: Telephonic & Skype
Experience: 0 – 2 years
No. of Positions: Five (5) Positions
We are looking for a Junior Data Analyst/ Scientist with good understanding of statistics, data mining modeling techniques and tools.
Prefer recently graduated MS degree candidates!!!!!
- Good understanding of Statistical Modeling tools & Analytics.
- Good knowledge with relational databases and/or distributed computing platforms (distributed clusters, multi core SMP), and their query interfaces, such as SQL, Map Reduce, XQuery, PIG, and Hive.
- Ability to execute Inter-node Clusters in IBM and Cloudera Environments for Administration systems. IntegrateHadoopClusters, HBase, HIVE framework and analyze algorithms using MapR, Map-Reduce.
- Ability to explore and extrapolate Data retrieved from multiple sources and demonstrate capability to Analyse and provide inferences.
- Perform Data Profiling and analyze Enterprise Data validations from Business Perspective.
- Platform Assessment and devise frameworks for Data Sources.
- Responsible for the creation, testing, building, deploying, and maintenance of mathematical/data mining models.
- Strong ability to identify analytical/data mining techniques from business requirements and use cases.
- Strong understanding and hands-on experience in at least 2 data mining (supervised and unsupervised learning), operations research, and optimization modeling techniques such as
o Simulation methods
o Neural Networks
o Decision trees
o Support Vector Machines
o Random Forests
o Rule induction
o Genetic algorithms
o Nearest neighbor
o Association Rule Mining
Technical Skills & Education:
- Qualifications: Master’s Degree (MS) in an analytical or technical field (e.g. applied computer science, MIS, operations research, business analytics, mathematics, statistics).
- Experience in Core Java concepts would be helpful.
- Excellent hands-on knowledge of at least 2 modeling tool such as SAS, R, IBM SPSS,HadoopMahout, MATLAB.
- Experience with at least 1 scripting language such as Python, Perl, PHP, or Shell Script.
- Familiarity with at least 1 of visualization software and techniques (Tableau or Qlikview), and business intelligence (BI) software, such as Microstrategy, Cognos, BO, Pentaho etc.
Job Type: Full-time
- Data Analysis: 1 year
- Python, R, Shell Script, PHP, Tableau: 1 year