At 10x Genomics we innovate constantly, empowering our customers to discover new biology with previously unimagined breath, depth and accuracy.
The Technical Training Manager will be responsible for innovating, building and maintaining the Learning processes and programs for our Customer Colleagues, the 10x Technical Staff, and our Distributor Partners. As a key member of the Global Support Team, the Technical Training Manager will develop and continuously improve the Support Learning processes to ensure a consistent level of knowledge and skills across our global team.
- Manage Training as Product.
Overall this position will develop learning content products, ensure the entire product line covers the breadth of our physical products, and that the entire learning product line represents a coherent and consistent strategy and feel. Much like with a product manager role, content priorities, timelines for development and quality of product must be managed. Additionally, the delivery, usage and retention of the learning content products will be evaluated, and the products will be continuously improved.
- Develop infrastructure and process to build out Training Program and Operations.
- Own the LMS platform for Technical Training
- Drive continuous improvement to the system as defined by customer feedback
- The Course Catalogue will be continually developed in response to trainee feedback and Product requirements (launch, revisions). Training evaluations, VOC surveys and webpage visits are a few examples of channels to collect and analyze feedback
- Partner with internal experts (R&D, Applications) to develop consistent technical messaging
- Develop and produce Training content (write, illustrate, film, record). Pursue and use the most effective methods and tools to provide Best in Class Learning.
- Own the Training content and its presentation on the Support pages of the website
- Communication and Delivery
- Maintain the Training Calendar in the LMS
- Define and develop the channels for delivery
- Classroom, online, website, mobile
- Train the Trainers (Tech Support, SW Support Scientists)
- Continually audit the process and be responsible for the quality of Training, including coaching of Trainers.
- Get the tools, hire Contractors and manage content production
- Ensure that Technical Training deliverables are standardized and achieved in the Product Development Process across all Core Teams and Sustaining Teams
Required Skills and Background
The Technical Training Manager will be self-motivated with an entrepreneurial disposition, and have excellent communication skills, accept new challenges and be able to complete tasks with minimal direction, including independent study to stay current with technology.
- Ph.D. or equivalent experience preferred; BA/BS with 5 years of experience, MS with 3 years of experience in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or Genetics considered
- Experience in Customer-facing roles. Support experience with Salesforce, Zendesk desirable
- Training experience required. The ideal candidate will have previous training leadership / Instructor experience.
- Curriculum design and familiarity with SCORM compliant tools preferred
- Hands on Illumina library preparation and troubleshooting
- NGS data analysis desirable
- Cell culture, cell sorting, single cell PCR or RNAseq experience desirable
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills required
- Outstanding written, verbal communication and training skills are a MUST
- Willing to travel up to 15% for Training and Coaching of end-users.Travel may increase as role responsibilities increase.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.