- Office Experience
- Microsoft Windows Server
- Active Directory
(Systems Engineer II)
Systems Engineer for MIS department. Successful candidate needs to be able to assist in the management of existing IT hardware infrastructure. Candidate must have knowledge of all (replaceable) hardware in a Dell or HP server including Desktops and also be well versed in the ‘racking’ of IT equipment along with their cables and other hardware. Must be able to articulate expertly through written or verbal methods to explain to vendors or Senior staff of issues with a particular hardware. Be able to trouble shoot hardware and Storage ‘Raid’ problems quickly and effectively. Must have knowledge of: - Dell servers, NetApp NAS and SAN devices, Microsoft Windows Server and Active Directory. Candidate should have knowledge of creating user AD accounts and Exchange mailboxes along with the configuration of the client software.
- Require knowledge of Desktop and Windows Operating systems essentials.
- Strong analytical abilities and professional office experience.
- Assist senior systems engineers to identify and resolve systems issues and able to test and apply patches as provided by vendors and approved by the Senior system Staff.
- Work with Senior Systems Engineer with researching new technologies in order to support analysis of existing systems.
- Install, configure, and maintain services, equipment and devices as instructed by your ‘System Peers’ and be able to lift and ‘rack’ IT systems.
- Documents systems problems and resolution for future reference.
- Monitors performance of system and implements performance tuning.
- Create and Monitor Backup schedules of all systems and resolve any irregularities and if needed consult Senior System personnel.
- Work with Senior Telecom Engineer to understand the overall systems topology for assisting in the setting/troubleshooting of current VTC/VOIP systems and its functions for daily use.
- Able to work and help other groups within MIS with their ‘Tier 1’ technical issues.
- Must have knowledge of all IT hardware servers, Netapp and Hitachi SAN arrays and Active Directory.
- Must have hands-on- experience with Dell servers of various models.
- Be of high aptitude and keen on detail and be able to keep MCDean Datacenter and IDF’s in-order.
- Knowledge of Operating Systems: Windows, VMware and Raid systems.
- Knowledge of servers hardware and RAID arrays.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server OS, roles and features, management with GUI and PowerShell;
- In-debt knowledge of Active Directory and services;
- Be able to create ‘user’ AD and Exchange accounts using PowerShell.
- Knowledge of Backup systems and its various topologies and its restore process.
- Knowledge of monitoring and analytical systems.
- Bachelors Degree with 2-4 years of experience, preferred