OP - Operations
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
VARIABLE ANNUITY LIFE INSURANCE COMPANY INC
Your future team
VALIC specializes in retirement savings and investment products and services, including individual variable and fixed annuities, group retirement products, mutual funds, financial planning and investment advisory services and guaranteed investment contracts. VALIC has been in the 403(b) market since its inception writing the first K-12 403(b) programs almost 50 years ago.
VALIC Operations is an extremely fast-paced and dynamic environment and operates within a strong compliance and regulatory environment. The functions are high impact and include operations and service activities required to support plan sponsors in the administration of retirement plans such as plan implementations, transaction activities, reporting and customer contact centers
VALIC is seeking a Business Analyst Specialist at our Allen Parkway campus to lead and manage the design and implementation of medium to large scale cross-functional projects. This position provides analytical and technical support to the VALIC Operations and other business units on complex issues.
Your contribution at AIG
As an influencer at AIG, people come to you as a “go-to” source for help and support because of your deep knowledge and expertise. As a more experienced team member, you are capable of driving continual improvement and impacting the way that things get done. Because of your influence, whether direct or indirect, we are able to deliver powerful outcomes for our clients.
What we are looking for
- Lead cross-functional team members assigned during the duration of a project to ensure timely completion or project deliverables
- Coordinates with IT and business sponsors on business case development, scenarios, and cost/benefit analysis
- Ensure that the project sponsor’s expectations are translated into clear defined scope. Responsible for end-to-end coordination, ensuring the requirements, needs, goals and expectations of the functional stakeholders are met accurately and timely
- Evaluate all options available and identify the pros and cons of each option as they relate to system processing, business processing, time and cost and recommend the best possible solutions and estimates
- Coordinate and develop with business units to complete all requirements gathering exercises for assigned projects and produce Business Requirements Definition Document or Feasibility Analysis where necessary
- Author and present business requirements, project charters, scenarios, user stories, meeting minutes, and other documentation related to project to stakeholders and business partners. Integrate business rules and business data with technology
- Partner with project team members to identify sequence, estimate project related activities and produce the required project management schedule
- Coordinate with IT/QA, business owners and project team members to ensure test plans and test cases are comprehensive
- Provides guidance on a continuous basis to team members in the areas of project lifecycle, LEAN manufacturing, operating procedures, processes and practices
- Creates risk management plan to identify, analyze, monitor and respond to risks associated with the project to ensure ability to achieve expected outcomes, on time and on budget
- Develop reporting documentation (Monthly Status Reports, etc.) so that all administrative coordination points between cross functional departments and projects are informed/updated regularly
- Communicate project status weekly to team, business owners and executive leadership as appropriate throughout the duration of assigned projects and through post implementation.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Certified-Business Analysis, Certified-Project Management, Certified Lean Practitioner or Knowledge of Project Management- SDLC, Agile Scrum
- Experience in MS Office applications, including use of MS Project, Visio, PowerPoint, OneNote, SharePoint and JIRA.
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills. Ability to identify a problem, analyzes the source problem, verifies and validates the source problem, and recommends viable solutions.
- Ability to communicate information of a complex nature to mid-level management (written and verbal) in easy to understand business language.
- Strong ability to interact with and use relationship management skills with project stakeholders.
- Strong communication skills-oral, written and presentation.
- Extensive knowledge of business analysis and user experience design tasks with a focus on client usability experience.
- Extensive knowledge of the principles of Lean manufacturing and integrated systems project work to drive business results and operational performance.
- Strong ability to provide solution assessment and validation including proposed solution assessment, organizational readiness, transition requirements, solution validation and performance
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.